close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Ecommerce solution and instruction to sell digital downloads with paypal

Thread began 8/05/2009 2:57 pm by lee377984 | Last modified 12/09/2009 5:02 pm by Neil Beadle | 5422 views | 9 replies |

lee377984

Ecommerce solution and instruction to sell digital downloads with paypal

Hi, I have the supersuite and would like to create a download store on my web site that will allow visitors to buy intangible goods like MP3s and eBooks, pay via paypal, and then receive an email with the download links to the files.

Are there instuctions anywhere on the webassist site to how this might be achieved?

"A wizard interface makes configuring your digital download settings simple and quick. Simply specify the trigger action which will enable the download, select the file and folder and optionally enable a download counter within a database to track the number of downloads. Digital File Pro can easily be easily integrated with WebAssist eCart shopping cart and and Universal Email for a complete digital file download store."

this is the claim, but i cannot find any straightforward instruction as to how it can be done? How do I integrate with eCart and universal email to do this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If you are using Paypal Payments Pro, When you run the checkout wizard, you will be able to configure eCart to send an email receipt.

after the checkout wizard has run, you will need to modify the email receipt that is added to the conform page.

modify the email receipt to include a link to your download page and send the Items ID as a query sting variable. For example:
fileDownload.php?id=123

On your download page, create a recordset to look up the file name, filter the recordsets ID column in the id query string variable to return the file name.

In Digital File pro, set the trigger for the download to occur if the recordset is not empty. Set the Folder to the location that contains your downloaded files. clickthe lightning bolt next to the file name and select the file column from your recordset.

lee377984

thanks, but still makes no sense to me

Your advertising makes it appear that one needs no real programming knowledge to get this stuff set up ad running, but actually it requires more than the average person would generally understand. Are there step-by-step instructions anywhere on your site to set up a digital downloads site (a dummies guide if you like)? If not, how about it, I am sure it would be helpful to many people.

Or even better, how about a Plugin that does the following:

allows the user to place a Paypal add to cart or buy now button anywhere on their page.
when the shopper checks out takes them through the paypal process
Once complete sends them an email with secure download details (an encrypted url that will download the purchased file which has been uploaded to a specific folder on the server, ie: no MYSQL etc, just a downloads folder somewhere in the root of the site), plus an optional CC to the vendor.
REdirects them to a page of choice that again shows the encrypted download, and any other images or info the web site owner wants on the page.

Because they are downloads, very little information is needed (a name and email) so a full shopping cart system is a bit heavy duty. This way a simple button could be placed anywhere on a site (similar to your Paypal eCommerce buttons, only for digital downloads).

Is something like this likely or not? It would be amazingly helpful to heaps of people and I cannot find anything like it on the web, yet there are solutions for Wordpress and other systems that do just what I have outlined above so it must be possible.

Thanks again for your time, but you are working with a front end man here who wants to be able to press a button and have the computer do the rest of the genius work for him.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We are very close to completing a recipe for this. It requires eCart, Security Assist and Digital File Pro to accomplish.

The recipe walks through adding registration to your cart, and creating an Order History page.

The first two recipes can be found under the how to section of the SecurityAssist support page:
securityassist/

The tutorial for adding product download to the Order History page will be released soon.

carlos311519

DFP 2: Selling Mp3 online

Please post an update to this thread when it comes available. I too am having the same issue, in fact i am trying to do the exact same thing.. .Sell mp3s online using Super Suite.. when a solution receipe is available finish this up let me know..

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I will let our documentation team know you are waiting for this.

tim299030

selling digital downloads

I'm also intensely interested in this. I need this to create a store for purchasing digital downloads.

tim299030

any update to this documentation

Just checking to see if anything has been updated for this solution.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We are still working on this how to. Hopefully it will be available soon.

Neil Beadle

Creating a Download Center tutorial

We've just released some new tutorials for helping users create a Download Center for selling digital goods.

The tutorial can be found here:
Creating a Download Center for selling Digital Goods
creating_download_center.php

We've also made some updates to two tutorials that are commonly followed prior to creating your download center...

How to apply Register/Login functionality to your checkout page
registration_on_checkout.php

How to create an Order History page
creating_order_history.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...