close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cannot add eCart Object

Thread began 8/05/2009 12:16 pm by soheil386156 | Last modified 8/20/2009 9:03 am by Jason Byrnes | 4694 views | 11 replies |

soheil386156

Cannot add eCart Object

Hi,

I bought Dynamic Suite and I want to use eCart, the ecart panel does not do anything, it does not allow me to add any eCart object.

Even when I use your sample web, Blue music, despite the fact I can use the display manager, still the eCart Object does not show the existing eCart object for me to edit.

Please help, since the only reason our company bought your suite was the eCart feature...

And by the way, how come your customer support line always asking for a message to be left? are you guys that busy that cannot offer quick support over the phone??

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What is the version and build of Dreamweaver are you using?

To find this information go to Help -> About Dreamweaver. When the About Dialog box opens, click it once to force it to scroll to the end, the version and build should be listed here, please post this back.

If the eCart object editor is not listing the sample Blue Sky cart, This is most likely a problem withe the way your site is defined.

The sample files should be extracted to the root of your site so that the WA_eCart folder is a t the root. If it is in a sub directory, the editor window will not know where to look for it.

soheil386156

Cs3

The version is CS3
I have followed the document line by line. the problem is that the eCart panel not only does not show the existing ecart object on the sample site, but also does not allow me to create a new object for a new site.

The Add button on the panel for the eCart object is not doing anything, it is not faded but is not active either, it also does not show the existing object.

Yet the display manager shows the object...

I have worked with Dreamweaver for the past 4 years so I know exactly how to use it and I can certainly follow your instructions.

I have removed and re-install your ecart few times, please do not ask me to do so...

soheil386156

It seems to work on CS4

I downloaded the trial version of Dreamweaver CS4 and eCart seems to work so far with no problem.

If this is the fact that your eCart does not work with CS3, it requires our company to purchase CS4.

How your company will work with us to some how, get some sort of credit for this issue?

Can we get some sort of credit back or perhaps a credit for our next purchase from you?

We are considering getting the Digital file component from you as well.

Please advise.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I think the problem is the build that you are using, this is why I asked for both the version and build number.

as I instructed in my last post, please look up the build number by going to Help -> About Dreamweaver.

for Dreamweaver it should list:

Version 9.0 build 3481

Please post back what is displayed in the about dialog box.

soheil386156

Build Number

The version number is 9.0 and build number is 3453

When we wanted to purchase there was no indication of the build number requirement, your site just said CS3 or CS4...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That build number is a pre release beta build of Dreamweaver CS3, it is not the actual Release build of Dreamweaver CS3. eCart will not work on the beta builds of Dreamweaver CS3 where released, you need to have the market release build of 3481.

soheil386156

Trail + Purchase

We originally used the trail and then paid for the serial key to activate it.

We have been developing and using this version for our internal web projects.

We also have evaluated other Paypal ready component and they worked fine and the only reason we chose yours because it had more features.

Since your ecart did not have any trail version we took the face value of your sales video and bought it.

Please help us in this matter, since we are indeed a training and consulting company and many web developers come to our facility and we can promote your component...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You should contact Adobe to see if they can give you a copy of the release build 3481. The build you are using is not the final release build It is a beta Build. The beta Build has a bug with floater windows that is causing the issue. Adobe should be able to give you a copy of the final release build 3481. we cannot support eCart on the beta version because of known bugs in that build.

marilyn240994

eCart object

Okay, I have the correct DW CS3 version and build and I cannot insert the eCart object on new pages. I created a site and an initial page filename.php. I then created the object, inserted an editable text field and add to cart button. I've created a second PHP page to setup the shopping cart view. When I go to Server Behaviors there is no ecart Object, nor is there the Dynamic Attribute for the text field and eCart Add to Cart. Here is what I have

1. Create a site -- has a check mark
2. Choose a doc type -- check mark
3. Setup site's testing server. No check mark.

I have a local testing server setup. How can I add the object?

I had eCart 3 and could never get it to work. I've upgrade to 4.5 in hopes of things being better. I like the look of the program but would still give the documentation a zero! Perhaps someday that part will become more user friendly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...