close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal error: The requested URL /pp_confirm.php was not found on this server.

Thread began 9/02/2012 3:07 pm by robvoigt9434728 | Last modified 9/11/2012 10:37 am by Jason Byrnes | 4726 views | 12 replies |

robvoigt9434728

PayPal error: The requested URL /pp_confirm.php was not found on this server.

I used the sandbox to do test paypal transactions and everything worked fine.

I then entered my live API credentials and deselected the Use Sandbox feature in the server behaviors.

When testing live using PayPal, everything looks good until the last PayPal submit button and then I get the following error: Not Found

The requested URL /pp_confirm.php was not found on this server.

Any idea what I have done wrong?

Sign in to reply to this post

robvoigt9434728

I also notice the pp_confirm.php page is not found on my localhost server.

I guess thiss means some of my settings are still pointing towards the sandbox settings. I have looked through my code and server behaviors but i can not find where the localhost error is coming from.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The checkout wizard should have created the page called pp_confirm.php in your site.

If that page was not created, you will need to delete the checkout pages and rerun the checkout wizard to have it created.

robvoigt9434728

Jason,

The wizard did create the pp_confirm.php page and it is on my local testing server and uploaded to my site.

Do you think I still need to re-run the checkout wizard?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I thought you said it wasn't on your local server?

I also notice the pp_confirm.php page is not found on my localhost server.  

do you mean the return from paypal is trying to find the page using the local host address?

If that is the case, open the checkout page and go to the Server behaviors panel. In the list of server behaviors, double click the Authentication for paypal Express checkout server and double check that the Return URL pointing to the pp_confirm page is using the correct address for your site.

robvoigt9434728

That seems to work however I noticed my database is not getting populated with the order information when I ran a live test transaction using PayPal.

Do you know where I should look to get that fixed?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The order information will get saved to the database on the pp_confirm page after the user presses the confirm order button.

when running the checkout wizard, if you have a database connection defined for the site, you will have the option to configure the order to be saved to the database, did you complete this step in the checkout wizard?

this would have added the store order summary and store order details behaviors to the pp_confirm page

robvoigt9434728

I do have store order summary and store order details behaviors on my pp_confirm page. However it looks like some of the bindings need to be set.

When I do that by clicking on the lightening bolt, I should be using the eCart Server Entity right?

Thanks for your help Jason.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you should be using the eCart_checkout session variables for customer billing and shipping address information

and using the Cart object bindings for cart item information.

robvoigt9434728

Jason, Is there anyway you could take a look at my confirm.php and pp_confirm.php pages?

The confirm.php transactions appear to be running fine, but I cannot get the paypal transactions to go through.

Or do I need to do a paid support for this?

Attached Files
Archive.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...