close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding New Themes to FrameworkBuilder

Thread began 8/31/2012 11:29 am by jason363662 | Last modified 4/17/2013 3:02 pm by neo314 | 1750 views | 4 replies |

jason363662

Adding New Themes to FrameworkBuilder

Using Framework Builder from current version of SuperSuite - DW CS6

I have dynamic themes going on all the pages on my site. The theme is called dynamically on each page based on a value from a recordset on the page (I created a recordset called "rsTheme" so that the variable that triggers the theme and the Variable Value will have the same name on every page). So far, so good - works like a charn switching between themes based on database value.

My problem is that if I add a new theme I have to go to each page to update the Dynamic Theme server behavior on each page. When I click the "Apply to all pages that use this template" option checkbox DreamWeaver hangs and the other pages aren't updated. Have to force close to get back in.

Am I missing a simpler way to do this? Kind of defeats some of the beauty of FB if I have to update every page everytime I add a theme.

Complications: I have dynamic data on the template page, and I have a dynamically generated menu on the template page as well. I wonder if all of these recorsets are getting in the way of the Apply to all pages?

Any help is greatly appreciated. FB is really brilliant and will simplify my workflow dramatically if I can get this to work properly.

Sign in to reply to this post

pascal267973

Using DW6 12.1 and Data Bridge 1.0.9

I am trying to apply a new theme to a set of pages and am getting a similar problem in that framework will not add the new theme as a dynamic theme option to all the pages automatically.

In my instance, the tick box 'apply to all pages that use this template' is greyed so can't choose that option.

Once a site has been set-up to use dynamic themes, is it not possible to add new themes and have the dynamic theme server behaviour automatically udpated with the new theme for all the pages?

Thank you for your time.

Pascal

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the new theme cannot be applied globally once themes are set up. You will need to touch each page and update the Apply Dynamic Theme behavior on each page of the site to add the new theme.

neo314

I would like this feature as well, and the irony is it would be easy to do. If my templates are main1.dwt.php and main2.dwt.php, you already name the themes main1 and main2, so that is the only value you need to dynamically set the theme. In other words, the file naming convention is already there, but it cannot be utilized fully because of this limitation.

In the meantime, it can be done by applying the static theme behavior and changing the theme code in the head of the document like this:

if("" == ""){
$WA_main_dwt_1363236073760_Content_Empty = "";
$WA_main_dwt_1363236073760_Content = new WA_Include(__FILE__);
$WA_main_dwt_1363236073760_Template = new WA_Include("Templates{$WA_main_dwt_1363236073760_Content_Empty}/{$template}.dwt.php");
require($WA_main_dwt_1363236073760_Template->BaseName);
$WA_main_dwt_1363236073760_Template->Initialize(true);
}

Keep in mind that the themes have to have the same editable regions using the same name, and that if {$template} does not point to a valid theme, the page will be broken.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...