close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

forgotpassword.php sends email but shows warnings after submitting

Thread began 8/28/2012 9:23 am by mnoles04344676 | Last modified 8/30/2012 10:58 am by Jason Byrnes | 1221 views | 5 replies |

mnoles04344676

forgotpassword.php sends email but shows warnings after submitting

Using security assist through data bridge I have set up my security pages. Everything seems to be working correctly but while testing the forgot password feature on a live server I receive the email but after submitting, it redirects me to a page with warnings. I have included screenshots of the warnings and the lines that are listed in the warnings. I worked on this problem all day yesterday with no sucess.

Attached Files
WA_screenshots.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the server behaviors list, double click the forgot password behavior and make sure a character set is selected on the email server settings tab,

mnoles04344676

Warnings gone, no email, redirect back to same page.

I changed Charset to UTF-8 and got rid of warnings, now I don't recieve emails and it redirects back to forgot password page, not where I am redirecting to. I attached screen shots.

Attached Files
Wa_reply1.zip
wa_reply2.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the smtp server address doesn't look right. yours begins as pop.... and SMTP server address would normally begin with smtp....

in many cases the smtp server address can be left blank. if leaving it blank does not work, check with your host for the correct address to use for sending mail from a php script.

mnoles04344676

I use 1&1 as a hosting company and I spoke with them about the correct email settings (smtp.1and.com) port 25 or 587 work they said. I receive emails but still get warnings after I submit. I uninstalled 1.0.7 and installed 1.0.8 with same results. I created a new site with just index page and the security assist pages, same thing. I attached screenshots of my settings along with the complete new site.

Attached Files
site1.zip
site2.zip
site3.zip
site_ss1.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

nancy

Forgot Password stating message not sent but it is

Specs and versions: Dreamweaver 5.5, DataBridge 1.09
Tried with Dreamweaver 6 and DataBridge 1.1.1 but nothing would work when creating the with the SecurityAssist wizard and moved to my lower versions

Forgot password page returns "Email failed to send. Please confirm your email settings with your hosting provider." and sends the email.
I have remarked out that comment and added new language to get the page delivered to the client, but would like it work properly.
Attached is the page as requested in previous messages.

Attached Files
forgotpassword.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is a problem that is fixed in Data Bridge 1.1.2

please uninstall the current version, then install the latest Data Bridge version. after it is installed, double click the forgot password server behavior, then click OK to have the files in the webassist/security_assist folder regenerated, then make sure to upload them to the server.

nancy

New errors now and not forgot password server behavior

Thanks for the reply. I upgraded to DataBridge 1.1.2 so I am now with Dreamweaver 5.5 and Databridge 1.1.2.
As shown in the jpg attached no Server behavior labeled forgot password. Opened, confirmed info for the behaviors - Email Password, Validation show if (forgotpassword.php), both of them.
As shown in the jpg the helper_php.php and the mail_php.php files were changed and uploaded.
Now when I request a forgotten password I get a page with these messages
Warning: Missing argument 6 for WA_SecurityAssist_Definition(), called in /homepages/36/d91077576/htdocs/kahome/forgotpassword.php on line 24 and defined in /homepages/36/d91077576/htdocs/kahome/webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/36/d91077576/htdocs/kahome/webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php:34) in /homepages/36/d91077576/htdocs/kahome/webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php on line 142.

The email is sent. What now?

Attached Files
still errors for forgot password.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the server behavior is the second in the list "Security Assist email Password"

change the following line:

php:
$WA_MailObject = WA_SecurityAssist_Definition("smtp.1and1.com","25","Key Allegro Owners Association","","");

to:

php:
$WA_MailObject = WA_SecurityAssist_Definition("smtp.1and1.com","25","Key Allegro Owners Association","","", "UTF-8");

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...