close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Captcha does not work correctly

Thread began 8/28/2012 3:17 am by Noa2086 | Last modified 8/31/2012 8:58 am by Noa2086 | 2371 views | 9 replies |

Noa2086

Captcha does not work correctly

Hi,

i have problems with the captcha function.

1) it shows the servererror message not correctly (i use validation tooltips for spry)
2) it does not check the captcha value entered before i send the form
3) no progress bar, no email message

thx for your quick help

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) it shows the servererror message not correctly (i use validation tooltips for spry)

the captcha validation is not a spry validation, the you cannot use Validation tooltips for spry to style the captcha error message, it can only style spry validation errors

2) it does not check the captcha value entered before i send the form

Yes, that is the way server validation works, the form needs to be set to the server in order for the server to perform the validation.

if validation fails, it returns you back to the form to correct the problem.

3) no progress bar, no email message

I am seeing the progress bar, but the validation is failing so the email wont be sent, If you need further assistance, send a copy of the page.

Noa2086

hi jason,

thx for your quick help! here is a copy..
don't know how to fix it.

Attached Files
kontakt.zip

Noa2086

I have another problem with my delete button on my result page..
WadaDeleteRecordID does not work. i cannot get the correct id.
i tried it with:

$WA_fieldValuesStr = "".($row_portfolio['ID']) ."".(isset($_GET["pageNum_portfolio"])?"&pageNum_portfolio=".intval($_GET["pageNum_portfolio"]):"") ."";

it only deletes the first record on the page. any idea?

Attached Files
index.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the validation you have set the like entry to use the captcha_Security_Code_1 session variable.

it should be using the captcha_Sicherheitsfrage_2 variable instead

Noa2086

hi jason,

thx for your quick help!
i set the variable to captcha_Security_Code_2 but it does not help. i set the session variable to captcha_Security_Code_1.. why 2 at the end?
why can i see the error message?
no email and success page when the answer is right?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you see the error because validation is failing. it is failing because you are not using the correct variable

the session variable to use is not "captcha_Security_Code_2" it is "captcha_Sicherheitsfrage_2"

Noa2086

thx you jason! now it works. but where have you seen a session variable with the name captcha_Sicherheitsfrage_2??

above i asked you how to get the right ID on my result page to delete records. how can i do this?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the delete button that is in the repeat region:

php:
<input type="button" value="Löschen" class="likebeyondcom" id="DeleteConfirm" name="DeleteConfirm" onClick="document.getElementById('deleteBox').style.display = 'block';document.getElementById('deleteMessage').style.display = 'table';">

add an onlclick event to pass the current ID to the delete message

php:
<input type="button" value="Löschen" class="likebeyondcom" id="DeleteConfirm" name="DeleteConfirm" onClick="document.getElementById('deleteBox').style.display = 'block';document.getElementById('WADADeleteRecordID').value = <?php echo($row_portfolio['ID']); ?>;document.getElementById('deleteMessage').style.display = 'table';">

In the delete message:

php:
<div class="messageContent">

Sollen die Daten für immer gelöscht werden?<br/><br/>
          <input type="submit" value="Löschen" class="likebeyondcom" id="Delete" name="Delete" />

add a new hidden element used to capture the ID passed by the delete button onclik:

php:
<div class="messageContent">

Sollen die Daten für immer gelöscht werden?<br/><br/>
          <input type="hidden" name="WADADeleteRecordID" id="WADADeleteRecordID" value="<?php echo($row_portfolio['ID']); ?>" />
          <input type="submit" value="Löschen" class="likebeyondcom" id="Delete" name="Delete" />

Then in the delete behavior, bind the key column to the WADADeleteRecordID form element in the delete message container.

Noa2086

thx you jason you saved my day again!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...