close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal Payments Advanced

Thread began 8/22/2012 1:18 am by sfranzken73972 | Last modified 4/26/2013 8:29 am by Jason Byrnes | 2032 views | 7 replies |

sfranzken73972

PayPal Payments Advanced

I know in other threads you said this was not available for ecart; however on paypal web site it says that ecart does support it. ?? If not when will be available?

Solutions and Services

CafeCommerce is a hosted eCommerce website for selling physical goods, digital goods and services. Sign up for a free trial and start selling! No limits on products, users, orders or bandwidth!

PowerStore is a downloadable eCommerce website for selling physical goods, digital goods and services. Upload to the hosting account of your choice and start selling! Includes a pre-built site to administer the store.

Our FREE Dreamweaver extension offers a wizard to help you quickly add PayPal buttons to your website.

With eCart, you can quickly add a shopping cart to unlimited websites. eCart allows for checkout on PayPal or checkout on your website.

PayPal Product Compatibility
•PayPal Payments Standard
•PayPal Express Checkout
Certified Integration Date*: 12/26/2009
•PayPal Payments Advanced
Certified Integration Date*: 4/27/2012
•PayPal Payments Pro
Certified Integration Date*: 12/26/2009

Open Source

Yes

Features and Benefits
•Generate PayPal buttons
•Build a full online shop
•Create on-site checkout
•Sell physical or digital goods
•Support product options
•Free, outstanding technical support

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

however on paypal web site it says that ecart does support it.  

where on paypal does it say that eCart supports Paypal Advanced?

Paypal Advanced is supported through Cafe Commerce, but not Power Store or eCart.

I dont have a time frame for when either eCart or Power Store will be Upgraded to include PayPal Advanced. That would not happen until the next major upgrade is released, but we have not begun development of the eCart v6 or Power Store v6 yet.

mike410462

Paypal Advanced Listing

It states that it works with webassist -
If you go to paypal and then the advanced benefits description page - lists generic benefits of the advanced system. Here it also has a link to carts that work with the advanced system. If clicked, you are taken to a listing of companies that work with this system - and you are listed - with the text that everyone keeps stating above and in other posts.

Is there any new news about integrating. If not, I guess I have no other option but to use another companies cart system. This is terrible as I paid alot of money for your cart system. I also assume that to get the unknown when major upgrade to ecart, it will cost me more money as you keep stating a 'major upgrade' and you usually charge for those.

So, I have little choice if I want to use the paypal advanced system but to get another cart system that works with it. Even if I have to pay for it, as I would (I assume) have to pay for an upgrade to ecart anyway - and you have no release date for when this would be available.

This is a lot frustrating.
Please let me know if there is any new news on this, or if I am understanding anything incorrectly. The information from the latest post is about 5months old and I am hoping maybe something has changed in that time.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am not able to find the page you are mentioning.

Our Cafe Commerce product does have integration with PayPal Advanced, but eCart does not. Does the page you mention list eCart specifically? can you provide a direct link please?

Currently we are working on a new version of our website. Once the new website launches, we are planning to begin work on the next version of eCart.

We will most likely include PayPal Advanced as a supported gateway for the eCart upgrade.

you are correct that this release will be a major version upgrade. It will be offered at a discounted price to users who own a previous version.

mike410462

Hi Jason,

The paypal address is:
directory.page#p=all,p510&s=all,s00

I have no idea about the search criteria (seems to be distance??) but on the list I am presented with - Webassist is one of the business mentioned (as a platinum partner).

There is a more or less button for every business listing - click the more button.
This provides the info that everyone has been mentioning -
Looks like this:
Free and affordable tools to help businesses build online stores.
Solution Types Ecommerce Platform, Shopping Cart, Online Marketplace
Industry Digital Goods, Retail/Merchandising, eCommerce
PayPal Product Compatibility PayPal Payments Standard,
PayPal Express Checkout*,
PayPal Payments Advanced*,
PayPal Payments Pro*
*Certified Product(s)
Open Source No

While not specifically mentioning ecart (or any other product name) they do mention that you work with paypal advanced (but I did link here from a page that states the link is for products that work with paypal advanced) - the * indicates certified - it is a little confusing when pasted - looks better live.
Sorry to hear about the later day plans. I need to figure out what I am going to do in the next few days. Basically the decision I have is whether to stick with paypal standard (but I really want the payment success info that you can only get with pro (I want to know if a payment went thru and then update my database order table(pymnt,quantity) - but not for the price of $30 a month- that is why I am looking at advanced) and ecart and wait several months (at least, if you have not even started yet) and then pay for the new ecart version or to go with paypal advanced now and find another cart system that integrates with paypal advanced.
The other huge benefit of paypal advanced is keeping the the transaction all on my site, without having the user sent to paypal. That is a very attractive feature (although not a must - I must have the success info and database update though - and for some reason I thought there might be a way with ecart checkout to do this and only have Paypal standard), but probably as soon as I figure all this out, the new ecart update will be out and I just basically went in a huge circle - and will have to pay probably around $100 either way. - so I am sorta interested in something that will work with paypal advanced now.
Thanks for your reply and thoughts. If you know of an artical or tutorial that mentions how to use (ecart) and paypal standard but also get a payment confirmation and update a database table, please let me know. I would like to look it over before making a decision.
Thanks, Mike

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the following page shows a comparison of the eCommercew solutions we offer:
chart.php

and lists which solution will work with Paypal Advanced.

at this time, only cafe commerce does.

To update your store database on a successful transaction using paypal standard, you would need to configure an IPN page, and set you account to post to the IPN page on your site.

see the paypal IPN documentation for more details:
ipn

davehampton

Paypal Advanced

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  where on paypal does it say that eCart supports Paypal Advanced?

Paypal Advanced is supported through Cafe Commerce, but not Power Store or eCart.

I dont have a time frame for when either eCart or Power Store will be Upgraded to include PayPal Advanced. That would not happen until the next major upgrade is released, but we have not begun development of the eCart v6 or Power Store v6 yet.  

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

PayPal Advanced will be added to the next version of eCart.

We can help you implement paypal advanced in an existing site through a premiere support appointment:
http://www.webassist.com/premier_request.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...