close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to remove Shipping Info for Paypal

Thread began 8/18/2012 9:30 pm by SuperSoaker | Last modified 8/27/2012 8:03 am by Jason Byrnes | 3782 views | 7 replies |

SuperSoaker

How to remove Shipping Info for Paypal

I'm using Paypal Std., but no shipping is required. the cart is all working but the shipping info needs to be filled in otherwise Paypal rejects the cart?

Attached is the checkout and ecart php

Attached Files
Paymentcheckout.zip
TournamentSignUp_PHP.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the Paymentconfirm.php page, there is a collection of hidden elements that passes the cart information to paypal.

in those hidden elements, there are elements for the billing info, it sounds like those are bound to the shipping elements from the Paymentcheckout.php page instead of the billing elements.

first remove the shipping elements from the checkout form.

on the confirm page, go to the bindings tab and click the plus button, select Form Data. For the form page, select the checkout page.

This will add dynamic bindings for the elements from the checkout page.

Now select each of the address hidden elements and bind it to the corresponding element from the checkout form group.

SuperSoaker

Still have paypal shipping erorr

See Attached image

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

just a quick thought...isnt that an issue with the PAYPAL accoutn side of things...because I am sure there are options when you log into the PayPay account for adding shipping details for customers...in other words an option to add or deactivate the shipping cost rule inside PayPal.

Chris

SuperSoaker

No option for shipping in Paypal

I thought the same thing, i just went to look again nothing, the only option is to use there integrated service which is not selected. I also thought on e-cart when you choose "I'll calculate my own shipping would remove this problem but no?

Any other ideas,

thanks for responding on a weekend.

Have you tried with PayPal Express? I originally used PayPal Standards on an ecommerce website and ran into some "logical" problems when i was designing the pages...So was recommended to use PayPal Express (to do this just select PayPal Pro from the wizard) The you would need to do a little custom coding and remove the credit card form thats generated on the checkout form.

To be honest I did recall having a simular issue that your having originally and Im trying to remember what the reason was..once I remember will let you know.

Chris

oooh another thought...couldnt you just pass in a hidden field for the shipping cost and use a value of 0.

Have you selected the right currency etc as well in the hidden form elements for your country.

Chris

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the confirm page look for a hidden element named address_override and make sure it's value is set to 0.

<input type="hidden" name="address_override" id="address_override" value="0" />

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...