close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding Data to Transaction Detail Form

Thread began 8/10/2012 8:22 am by elewis93815 | Last modified 8/15/2012 12:00 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1388 views | 4 replies |

elewis93815

Adding Data to Transaction Detail Form

We would like to add a couple of items from the check out form to be present on the Transaction Detail Form. How would we accomplish this?

Our ultimate goal is to pass this new data to the Merchant (Authorize.net) so that reports can be generated daily by our client. Authorize.net has informed us that if we add this data to the Transaction Detail form, it will pass through to them. Please advise to any further information that you may require.

Thank you,

Jackie

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What type of authorize.net checkout are you using? Local or remote?

On the confirm page, there is a collection of hidden form elements. These hidden elements are used to capture the information passed from the checkout page and then pass it to the gateway.

for any element you add to the checkout page, you will need to add another one to the confirm page.

elewis93815

Thank you Jason,

That is what I was hoping for. We do have two fields on the checkout page already that we would like to pass to the gateway so it sounds like we are half way there. There are two fields that are toggles "Pick up" and "Delivery". along side of that is a date picker field. We would like the gateway to show that the order was "pick up" or "delivery" and the date the customer has requested.

I have attached the files, what or where should be my next step?

Thanks again,

Jackie

Attached Files
WA cupcake Reports.zip

elewis93815

I remember something similar to this that Ray and I worked on several months ago but I do not remember how and where I accomplished this.

How do I find out what type of checkout I'm using?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

like i said in the previous reply:

On the confirm page, there is a collection of hidden form elements. These hidden elements are used to capture the information passed from the checkout page and then pass it to the gateway.

for any element you add to the checkout page, you will need to add another one to the confirm page.  

so for example, you have the checkboxDelivery radio button:

php:
<input name="checkboxDelivery" type="radio" id="checkboxDelivery" value="Delivery" checked="checked" />

In the collection of hidden elements on the confirm page, you need to add another one, with the same name, set to capture the value posted from the confirm page:

php:
<input type="hidden" name="checkboxDelivery" id="checkboxDelivery" value="<?php echo(isset($_POST['checkboxDelivery'])?$_POST['checkboxDelivery']:""); ?>" />

then add a set session value behavior to the confirm page. Open the server behavior panel, click the plus button and select eCart -> General -> Set session value. For the trigger and value, click the lightning bolt icon and select the checkboxDelivery form element and set the name to "checkboxDelivery"

repeat those steps for each form element that was added.

you can then edit the code to pass the description to Authorize.net on the confirm page:

php:
$AuthNet_itemized[0][1] = "x_description";

$AuthNet_itemized[1][1] = "".$cupcake1->TotalColumn("FullDetails")  ."";

to include the session values:
you can then edit the code to pass the description to Authorize.net on the confirm page, for example:

php:
$AuthNet_itemized[0][1] = "x_description";

$AuthNet_itemized[1][1] = "".$cupcake1->TotalColumn("FullDetails")  ."".((isset($_SESSION["checkboxDelivery"]))?$_SESSION["checkboxDelivery"]:"")  ."";

you can tell if the checkout is local or remote by the user flow of the transaction. If the customer enters credit card information while on your website, it is a local checkout. If they go to the authorize,net site to enter the payment information, it is a remote checkout. In your case, a local checkout is being used.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...