close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Client Run Coupon System

Thread began 8/06/2012 8:28 am by elevy388997 | Last modified 8/06/2012 11:52 am by Jason Byrnes | 642 views | 3 replies |

elevy388997Beta Tester

Client Run Coupon System

Is there a way to setup a "Coupons" link in the admin back end for a site that allows the client to setup the coupon rules and name? It seems like the tutorials setup coupons ahead of time with the wizard then they are allowed to be used on the site. And do I need to add any columns in the eCommerce Database or is it all handled during the wizard? If so, is this true for most extensions in that if we want an "advanced" function, the wizard will create the necessary tables and columns if needed? With eCart being able to do all these neat functions, I find myself wanting to add them later but don't know if I need to hand create the database items or not.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

setting up a system like you are asking about would require quire quite a bit of hand coding to accomplish and is not supported.

it is possible to make the coupon code and amount data base driven, but making the discount name database driven is the tough part.

See the following thread for details on setting up database driven coupon codes.
showthread.php?t=21482

as far as creating the database tables, that would need to be done manually, eCart wont create the tables for a coupon code system for you.

elevy388997Beta Tester

Thanks Jason, you are very helpful dealing with us new comers. One final question. Should I have one database containing all my tables or separate everything? So far I have been setting up 3 databases per website - site_CMS ; site_eCommerce ; site_eCart.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

as long as all of the table have separate names, there is no need for multiple databases, I would use one database only myself. using 3 databases would mean that you need 3 connections to the server for each page. If you have a shared hosting environment, the server will likely have a fairly low number of allowed connections, you will hit that limit a lot sooner if you use 3 databases.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...