close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Hosting on Godaddy...email on Gmail

Thread began 7/30/2012 1:27 pm by Paul | Last modified 8/08/2012 9:04 am by Paul | 150956 views | 17 replies |

Paul

Hosting on Godaddy...email on Gmail

My client has their hosting package on a Windows server through godaddy.com (not my decision).

They are hosting their website.com email through gmail. I have a universal email form that I am trying to configure. This is what I have:

Email Object: Mail
Character Set: default
SMTP Server: ssl://smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465

Also tried it without the ssl and using port 587.

The "From" email address is my customers email address: user@website.com. I have also tested it using my personal gmail account. None of the emails are coming through, but the redirection is working fine.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Paul

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have read that GoDaddy blocks SSL access to the Gmail Servers.

Also, using the Gmail servers cannot be done using the standard mail protocol, you would need to use Pear Mail for SMTP in order to pass the necessary authentication.

Paul

Pear Mail on the GMail server? How do I find the path?

The Godaddy's hosting package that my client bought is a windows server. Pear isn't part of Windows, correct?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Like i said, GoDaddy blocks access to the GMAIL SMTP Server, so this wont work using GoDaddy.

the other part was for future reference: If you where to use a host that didn't block access to the Gmail SMTP server, you would need to use the Pear mail For SMTP mail object in order to pass the authentication that is needed.

Paul

Thanks, Jason...

For the purposes of this post, we found out that godaddy blocks smtp to gmail if you are on a shared hosting. If you get a dedicated ip/hosting, they will not block it. My client is moving to the dedicated ip.

Paul

Jason,

My client moved to another hosting company that does not block smtp to gmail. The form sends correctly, goes to the thankyou.php page, but the test attachment I am attaching doesn't come with the email.

I've uploaded the entire webassist folder along with the php page.

Any thoughts?

quote.php

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

With Attachments, there are 2 ways to work:

1) Not Using File Manipulation to upload the file. If you don't add the Upload behavior to the page, on the attachments section of the UE wizard, select the Submitted File option and select the File Field.

2) using file upload to save the file to the server. If you use file upload to save the file to the server, select the Enter Value option and click the lightning bolt icon. Expand the Uploaded Files (your file field) binding group and select the server directory binding, copy the binding code for the server directory binding, then select the Server File Name binding and click OK.

in the enter value, place your cursor before the server file name binding code and paste the server directory binding code.

make sure you are using the correct work flow for setting up attachments in UE based on whether you use file upload to save the file to the server or not.

Paul

Jason,

I am sure to some people, this is pretty easy to follow. But this makes no sense to me.

Using your Option 1 (We simply want an attached file emailed to the customer, not saved on a server).

Here is what I did:
I selected the form in DW, went into the Edit Form in the Properties window.
Clicked on the Form Function widow in the CSS Form Builder Wizard.
Edited the Send Mail Settings.
Clicked on the Paper Clip.

From there, I Added a Type and selected the Submitted File radio button.
This is where you lose me. It doesn't allow me to edit the value to place the cursor before the server file name. Even if it did, what am I suppose to paste?

Where would I check to make sure I'm using the correct work flow? It seems that if I select the File Upload option in the wizard, it should be much easier than this. I did look for instructions on how to do this, but was unable to find anything.

Please advise.

Thanks...

Paul

Jason,

Just selecting that option and reuploading the Webassist folder worked. Not sure what you meant by the "in the enter value, place your cursor before the server file name binding code and paste the server directory binding code."...but it worked.

Thanks!

Paul

Jason,

As you know from dealing with me on this, the form now sends with an attachment. Only small problem is the 2 checkboxes are always checked. They shouldn't be.

Here is the code for both:

<input type="checkbox" name="Containers" id="Containers" value="1" class="formCheckboxField_Standard" <?php if (!(strcmp((isset($_GET["invalid"])?ValidatedField("quote","Containers"):""),""))) {echo "checked=\"checked\"";} ?> tabindex="21" />

The CHECK IF in the Dynamic Properties:
<?php (isset($_GET["invalid"])?ValidatedField("quote" ?>

<input type="checkbox" name="Pickup" id="Pickup" value="1" class="formCheckboxField_Standard" <?php if (!(strcmp((isset($_GET["invalid"])?ValidatedField("quote","Pickup"):""),""))) {echo "checked=\"checked\"";} ?> tabindex="22" />

The CHECK IF in the Dynamic Properties:
<?php (isset($_GET["invalid"])?ValidatedField("quote" ?>

Even though these say "Checked", the properties for them say "Unchecked" next to the dynamic button.

I need them to default to Unchecked. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...