close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Urgent problems with redirects

Thread began 7/26/2012 2:35 pm by Miguel | Last modified 7/27/2012 7:45 am by Miguel | 3681 views | 16 replies |

Miguel

Urgent problems with redirects

I made some pages with security assist and another custom for registration using css formbuilder and dataassist, the pages that have inserts or updates like the forgot password or register page after completing filling the form they redirect wrong, i have on the goto page: thankyou.php but when it insert or updates the data wich does it well it sends me to the thankyou.php but without the domain, i have done these pages before but sundenly these last update did something that its not detecting the full path, im on a deadline hope this can be fix asap

Sign in to reply to this post

Andrew Read

Can you post a copy of one of them and I can take a look at them for you...

I'm guessing that there is an issue with your $WA_RedirectURL value...

Miguel

http://www.deleted.com/registro.php

Its a very long form its happening on the forgot form to but that one would need a registered account first.

another thing i notice if i change for example

$GoToPage = "completado.php";

to

$GoToPage = "http://domaiin.com/completado.php";

when the form is filled it ends up http//domaiin.com/completado.php missing the : after the http

Andrew Read

Can you post the php file, I can't see the code when I view it on the website. :)

Miguel

Originally Said By: Andrew Read
  Can you post the php file, I can't see the code when I view it on the website. :)  

Yea sure sorry there in the zip i added 2 of them so you can see

Attached Files
php.zip

Andrew Read

OK, you sent me two files... registro.php and olvido.php

Are you having the same problems with both of them?

I'll also ask if you have installed the latest version of Data Bridge [1.0.6] (and Design Extender [1.1.0] if you own it as well?) Also, did you uninstall the previous versions before you installed the new ones, and install them after eCart or any other legacy extensions that are NOT included in DB or DE?

Miguel

Originally Said By: Andrew Read
  OK, you sent me two files... registro.php and olvido.php

Are you having the same problems with both of them?

I'll also ask if you have installed the latest version of Data Bridge [1.0.6] (and Design Extender [1.1.0] if you own it as well?) Also, did you uninstall the previous versions before you installed the new ones, and install them after eCart or any other legacy extensions that are NOT included in DB or DE?  

Yes have installed latest version of both and also i delete the config folder before installing after deleting the folder i also checked to delete them from the extension manager

Andrew Read

Can you replace line 599 of registro.php with:

php:
die($GoToPage); header("Location: ".$GoToPage);

and report back what is displayed when the form is completed. It should display the $GoToPage variable.

Andrew Read

Also, if you want to figure out where / how the url is being corrupted you can try changing any of the $WA_redirectURL or $GoToPage variables to the location you want to go to.

Start with the first one (line 306), fill out the form and submit it (only that first insert/email will complete.) Do you get where you think you should get to? If so, then remove the URL from that one and move on to the next one.

Once you figure out which one is not working properly you can try to figure out where it is being corrupted between the last working header redirect and the current one using die($variable); in various places to see at which point it gets corrupted. You can move the die() command, save the file and simply hit refresh on your testing server to reload the filled form and try the die in the new place.

Make sense?

Andrew Read

The only bit of code that I see that looks suspect, bur should work, is on line 597:

php:
if (function_exists("rel2abs")) $GoToPage = $GoToPage?rel2abs($GoToPage,dirname(__FILE__)):"";

It is an if conditon without braces around the action " if (conditon) {action;} This is supposed to be kosher, but I would maybe add the braces and see what happens:

php:
if (function_exists("rel2abs")) { $GoToPage = $GoToPage?rel2abs($GoToPage,dirname(__FILE__)):"";}

Grasping at straws though. ;)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...