close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

cannot add e-cart, "adobe flash player has potentially stopped an unsafe operation

Thread began 7/25/2012 1:23 pm by pkatba435480 | Last modified 8/09/2012 10:43 am by Jason Byrnes | 2060 views | 8 replies |

pkatba435480

cannot add e-cart, "adobe flash player has potentially stopped an unsafe operation

Get an error when I try to add e-cart:

The following local application on your computer or network:

/Volumes?Macintosh HD/Users/PKB/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS5/en_US/Configuration/Shared?WebAssist?eCart/Help/WF_master.swf

is trying to communicate with this internet-enabled loation:

/Volumes?Macintosh HD/Users/PKB/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS5/en_US/Configuration/Shared?WebAssist?eCart/Help/WF_master.swf

To let this application communicate with the Internet, click Settings.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sounds like you have clicked the help link instead of the add button on the eCart Object window, To create a new eCart object, click the add button, see the attached screen shot.

awwnuts07441044

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  Sounds like you have clicked the help link instead of the add button on the eCart Object window, To create a new eCart object, click the add button, see the attached screen shot.  

I'm having the same problem as the OP.

What do we do if we can't click the "add" button?

Please see attachment.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Before you create an eCart object, you will need to define a dynamic PHP site in dreamweaver, create a new PHP page and save it to the site. and have that file open.

where the add button is not active, that indicates that no site is defined, or a php file from the suite is not open.

see the "Defining a Dynamic Site in Dreamweaver" tutorial on the learning resources page for details:
tutorials.php

sfj6167

I have a dynamic site set up - have made order pages and much more BUT
when trying to add the ecart object I also cant add -
Its all greayed out.

Please advise

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What is your Dreamweaver version? and what build #?

There are some Dreamweaver builds that have an issue with the Floater windows used by eCart, you may need to download and install the latest update for your Dreamweaver version for the adobe website to correct the Floater window issue.

sfj6167

Its version 12 build 5808

regards

sfj6167

Forgot to mention, it worked yesterday, when I tried out the super suite, but then data assist didn`nt work, so I uninstalled supersuite (only extension I have on dreamweaver) installed it again, and deleted the windat file.
The data assist works, but e-cart object now dont!...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

try installing the 12.0.1 update:

dreamweaver-cs6-update-12-0-1.html

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...