close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't activate behind firewall

Thread began 8/04/2009 8:04 am by yourhero89283 | Last modified 4/08/2013 6:19 pm by Ray Borduin | 4502 views | 15 replies |

yourhero89283

Can't activate behind firewall

I'm trying to activate SuperSuite components from behind a corporate firewall but can't tell what port type and number need to be open. Anyone who can assists would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Trevor

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

This incident was opened in response to your forum post: Link("http://www.webassist.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10876").
In the thread: Link("http://www.webassist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2761").

When you activate our software, it will need to connect to our servers to generate the license file. This file is generated based on the serial number of the software that you are activating, and the MAC or Physical address of the computer that you you are activating it on. If you are not able to disable the firewall, I can generate the license file for you. I will need the serial number that you are using to activate the software with. I will also need the MAC address from your computer. To find out the MAC address:
1) Go to the Start Menu -> Run. Type "cmd" and click on OK to bring up a command prompt.
2) At the command prompt type "ipconfig /all > c:\\ipconfig.txt"
This will create a file in your C drive called ipconfig.txt. This file will have the MAC address in it. Please send that file with you serial number and I will generate the license for you.

Please respond to the ticket with this information.

yourhero89283

Sending Serials?

Are you asking me to send information in a reply? What is best way to send privately?

Jimmy Wu

I have opened a private support ticket for you to send the information in. Only the support engineers will be able to see these tickets.

You can get to the ticket by going to www.webassist.com and then clicking the "Your Account" link at the top right. On this page you will see a "Support history" link on the right which will take you to your support tickets.

My apologies for the confusion.

fire MUNKY (Roy)

Same issue - can you help? Activation of Extensions

Hi can you please do the same for me?
I am unable to activate any of my extensions having just sat down to work on a project.
My Serial No.s are in the Private Message.
As is my MAC address is the Private attachments.
Thanks
Roy Clay

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

After Updating our website over the weekend, there was an issue with the SSL Certificate that caused problems with activation.

We are working on the problem and hope to have it corrected within the hour.

neo314

Same issue...

graham

Being asked to activate a previously activated product (?)

Not sure why I am being asked to activate a product that has been activated already ... trying to fix an issue on my website but can't access any of my databridge features, specifically Universal Email. Is this a result of the new website launch? How can I get around this? ... after going through all of the forums I can now see the size of the issue - tough one guys (site looks great). Any updates? Took time off work to pound out some fixes to our site and wonder if it is really going to be a matter of days? Thanks for any updates you can post for us.

davewosborn408554

Activate?! I activated months ago and need to make critical changes.

?????????????????

fire MUNKY (Roy)

Really wish it was only an Hour!

Really wish it had been an hour. Not had any reply from activation@webassist.com, no reply to my post. Done everything as asked. Gone to bed now frustrated knowing my client will not understand why I have not finished as requested today. Whilst I realize there are issues, with our products working on 'activation' and now not working - this is a pretty big issue. I suppose my biggest concern is no reply from sales which was the original email listed. Then no reply from activation which was the second one via Twitter. Then no reply even when requesting a read receipt. Hence feeling quite uneasy at the moment, what a shame - everything was going so well, and I like the redesign too. But redesign or new hosts aside - need to be able to use the products guys.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...