close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

No buttons on results pages?

Thread began 7/19/2012 6:38 am by Andrew Read | Last modified 9/06/2012 10:37 am by Rune Brynestad | 2663 views | 11 replies |

Andrew Read

No buttons on results pages?

DW CS 5.5, WA DB 1.0.5

Created results, insert and update pages using Standout as a base and a modified button type.

Aside from noticing that the button icons change from black to white whenever I choose the button that I created in the login wizard (I noticed this with the Basic theme) when I finally did finish setting up the pages with the modified Standout - none of the buttons are displaying. See image attached.

Also, any reason that all of the CSS has to be contained within the documents? Why are these pages not referencing an external CSS file so that we can make changes to them wholesale?

And while I'm at it.. when are the cancel buttons goint to be added to the insert and update forms so that I don't have to manually code them on every page? :)

Sign in to reply to this post

Andrew Read

Button code

php:
<td class="WADAResultsEditButtons" nowrap="nowrap"><input type="button" class="formButton ResultsPageButton MEETZ Buttons UpdateButton" value="" onclick="document.location.href='PAGE.php?ID=<?php echo($row_WADAws_season['seasonID']); ?>
<?php 
echo(isset($_GET["pageNum_WADAws_season"])?"&pageNum_WADAws_season=".intval($_GET["pageNum_WADAws_season"]):""); ?>';"/><input type="button" class="formButton ResultsPageButton MEETZ Buttons DeleteButton" value="" onclick="document.getElementById('WADADeleteRecordID').value=<?php echo($row_WADAws_season['seasonID']); ?>;document.getElementById('deleteBox').style.display = 'block';document.getElementById('deleteMessage').style.display = 'table';" /></td>

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Hmm, i haven't seen that happen before, the values for the buttons are blank:

value=""

The value is used to as the button label:
value="Update"

or
value="Delete"

What are the application settings you used when running the Data Assist pages wizard so I can try to reproduce this.

Andrew Read

I can demonstrate what I did in a session if you want, however my flow was as follows:

1) create user login pages and modify a button type, save as preset.

2) use dataassist wizard to create pages (results, insert and update) using the theme listed above and choosing my custom button type

3) generate the pages.

That what you needed?

Any answers for my other questions? :)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ok, I'll give that a try to reproduce, thanks.

Yes, I have already responded to your other posts.

Andrew Read

I meant my other questions in the first post on this page. ;)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ok, I have reproduced the problem, it seams to occur any time the button design used is modified, I have logged this as a bug so It can be corrected in a future update.

As for the other questions, I don't really have an answer, though i have put through feature requests to have these options considered.

Rune Brynestad

Not fixed yet ?

It looks like the "No buttons on results pages" bug is not fixed in the latest version 1.0.8. It occur any time the button design used is modified. When I'm not modifying the button design it works perfect.

Live url here: eiendommer_public_results.php

I'm attaching my page. Can you please tell me how to update the code manually?

Regards
Rune

Attached Files
eiendommer_public_results.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the css for the buttons is correct:

form.Firmaeiendom_Kundesider input.formButton.Firmaeiendomkundesider.DetailButton {
background-image: url("images/Icons/view_details_white.png");
background-position: center center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
cursor: pointer;
height: 29px;
width: 29px;
}
form.Firmaeiendom_Kundesider input.formButton.Firmaeiendomkundesider.UpdateButton {
background-image: url("images/Icons/edit_white.png");
}
form.Firmaeiendom_Kundesider input.formButton.Firmaeiendomkundesider.DeleteButton {
background-image: url("images/Icons/delete_white.png");
}

but it looks like the back ground images:
images/Icons/delete_white.png
images/Icons/edit_white.png
images/Icons/view_details_white.png

have not been uploaded to the server so cannot be displayed.

Rune Brynestad

The icons are uploaded to the server. That was the first thing I checked.

Regards
Rune

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...