close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Data Assist pages with in Sculptor design

Thread began 8/04/2009 7:52 am by Brad Lawryk | Last modified 8/05/2009 2:00 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3702 views | 10 replies |

Brad Lawryk

Data Assist pages with in Sculptor design

Ok, since Data Assist creates the pages for you, how do you get them into your designs made with Sculptor?

Brad

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Save your CSS Sculptor Design as a Template.

Go to File -> Save As Template to save a page as a template.

once the page has been saved as a template, you need to add editable regions to it, go to Insert -> Template Objects -> Editable Region to add an Editable Region.

In Data Assist, you can select the template to use and the editable region to place the content in on the first step.

Brad Lawryk

Templates? Thats so 1990's.

Dreamweaver templates are horrible! Too bad, I wanted to do this site with all WebAssist stuff and refrain from using Adobe Dreamweaver Developer Toolbox.

Thanks anyways, maybe next project. :-(

Brad

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You wouldn't be using a Dreamweaver template.

You would be using a template that was created from your CSS Sculptor Design, not one of the stock templates.

I'm not sure I understand you dislike of using templates in Dreamweaver, I agree that the stock Dreamweaver templates are terrible, but if you create your own template designs, it simplifies the process of maintaining your site.

By making changes to the template, you can apply those changes to all of the pages that are created from the template.

Brad Lawryk

Hi Jason,

Yeah I knew what you meant. I am an Adobe Community Expert for Dreamweaver and Adobe Dreamweaver Developer's Toolbox.

The template system in Dreamweaver has not changed much since the very early Macromedia days. Its a horrible way to do things.

But that's a whole different topic and not the scope of this board so I won't go into it. ;-)

Brad

Brad Lawryk

I gave the template method a try (against my better judgment). It does not work in my case.

I want to have a login nugget/module on all pages at the top right corner.

index.php

Any ideas how to work around this? Can login pages etc be included with SSI instead?

Brad

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Originally Said By: Brad Lawryk
  I gave the template method a try (against my better judgment). It does not work in my case.

I want to have a login nugget/module on all pages at the top right corner.

index.php

Any ideas how to work around this? Can login pages etc be included with SSI instead?

Brad  

What was the problem you encountered adding the login to the template.

You can add the form for the username and the password to the template, then add the Security Assist Authenticate User Server behavior.

To be able to add that as a server side include, you would need to create on SSI with the Authenticate user server behavior in it and another with the form in it. The SSI with the server behavior would need to be added at the top of the page, before the doctype tag.

Brad Lawryk

It added the form beside the box, not in it.

Some other things too .. just messed up stuff so i scrapped the idea.

Brad

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When Adding login to all of your pages using a template, it's usually best to create a main login page using the security assist wizard, then copy that login form into the template, and set the forms action to post to the main login page.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I can see that, templates do have their shortcomings, we'll leave it at that ;)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...