close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Yet another shipping question, sorry!

Thread began 7/18/2012 2:56 pm by mrs | Last modified 7/20/2012 7:07 am by Jason Byrnes | 1428 views | 6 replies |

mrs

Yet another shipping question, sorry!

I have been given the following info for shipping and wondered if this was at all possible with the shipping settings:

FREE DELIVERY UP TO 30 KILOS 48 TO 72 HOUR SERVICE
Free delivery is applicable to on line orders over the value of £50.00 + vat and up to 30 kilos in weight for the first parcel only. Then £5.50 + vat per parcel there after.

UP TO 30 KILOS EXPRESS DELIVERY SERVICE
£6.50 + vat for this service for the first parcel up to 30 kilos, and £4.50 + vat for every parcel up to 30 kilos thereafter.

UK MAINLAND FOR LARGER ITEMS OVER 30 KILOS
24 hour service up to 70 kilos is £20.00 + vat, then a charge of £0.20 per kilo thereafter.
48 hour service up to 60 kilos is £15.00 + vat, then a charge of £0.20 per kilo thereafter.
72 hour service up to 70 kilos is £15.00 + vat, then a charge of £0.20 per kilo thereafter.

Is it at all possible to trigger free shipping when the cart is over £50 and under 30 kilos? Do I have to amend pages somewhere to achieve this?

Sorry for the repeated and different questions about shipping from me... I must be getting to the end of them now!!

Thanks.

Mat

Sign in to reply to this post

mrs

Just to let you know, I have set up several shipping rules where I have allowed for differing price ranges based on weight, but the one that is overriding every setting I've created is the free shipping setting meaning that I can't select free shipping or fast 24 hour delivery.

Is there a way of setting this up in the shipping settings?

See the attached screen grabs for what I have done.

Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Power store wont allow for a free shipping selection, your would need to set it to a minimum of £0.01

mrs

So, is there no way that I can change the shipping with ecart then?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Free shipping selection is not supported in power stoe, we would need to help you add this in a premiere support appointment.

mrs

Excellent, then I think I will do that, but this is going to be a cost that I need to pass on to the client, so if they are happy with that, then I'll certainly do that.

Great idea about the prem service! Never thought of that.

Thank you.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the other option is to offer $0.01 shipping, not entirely free, but a penny is pretty negligible

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...