close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email Reminder issues

Thread began 7/09/2012 2:38 am by Paul | Last modified 7/12/2012 6:51 am by Jason Byrnes | 1315 views | 8 replies |

PaulBeta Tester

Email Reminder issues

Using CS5.5 and SA 205

I have created an email reminder page (attached)

I've noticed that the Email Password wizard (in SA) adds the variables "UserEmail", "UserName" to the line

php:
"selectColumns" => array("hofName", "UserEmail", "UserName", "hoUserId","hoPswd"),

I didnt add these during the wizard steps.

If I leave them in the process errors and the text "Unknown column 'UserEmail' in 'field list'" is shown. No email is sent.

IF i remove the variables "UserEmail", "UserName" from this line, the following error occurs

html:
Warning: Missing argument 6 for WA_SecurityAssist_Definition(), called in /home/house345/public_html/hf1/pwReminder.php on line 5 and defined in /home/house345/public_html/hf1/webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php on line 34

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/hf1/webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php:34) in public_html/hf1/webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php on line 239

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /public_html/hf1/webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php:34) in /public_html/hf1/webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php on line 239

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/hf1/webassist/security_assist/mail_php.php:34) in /public_html/hf1/webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php on line 133

Also,

The code these errors point to is pretty much meaningless to me i'm afraid!

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Paul

Attached Files
pwReminder.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The first issue occurs if you select to use one of the application presets, but use your own database table rather than letting security assist create it for.

if you select to use your own database table, you will need to go to the manage pages tab and edit each of the pages to be created to use the columns in your table.

For the second error, double click the email password server behavior and make sure a Character set is selected on the email settings tab.

PaulBeta Tester

I don't have a Manage Pages tab after opening the SecurityAssist Email Password server behaviour.

Are you assuming i used the 'Create Security Pages' application?

For this I used from the toolbar: WebAssist > SecurityAssist > Email Password

Ian S

Hi Paul,

Oddly, I had this exact same problem this evening.

This was without the use of the Wizard, simply applying the behaviour to the page. I also cannot go back in and edit the behaviour as a javascript error occurs, and when you try to delete the behaviour it deletes it from the behaviours list but leaves all but the include code on the page.

As the project i am working on is time sensitive I developed a quick workaround using UE and a recordset lookup so will document the error in more detail later on unless someone beats me to it.

All this on Mac with CS6.

Cheers
Ian

PaulBeta Tester

Thanks for your response Ian,

Hmmm, for me, this reinforces an early comment of mine regarding the limitations of these latest wizards.

I was explaining that I didn't always want to inherit/utilise all the functionality and formatting the wizards create, instead just using the updated server behaviours ad-hoc, such as the Email Password feature.

My comment got kicked into the long grass unfortunately, now here we are again with an issue relating to the same situation.

I'm hoping WA can offer a solution as the this feature is unusable if utilised in this way.

Ian S

Sure, I agree.

I have never taken the Wizard approach as I find that building my own pages and using the behaviours provides a much more flexible development environment, but I can see where the wizards might be useful for people who aren't familiar with creating web pages etc.

I have to say that since the fix to the MAC CS6 issues the latest extensions do seem quite stable and this is the first error I have come across after building quite a comprehensive CMS and eCommerce solution.

Cheers
Ian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Paul, it wasn't clear from your initial report that you where not using the wizard, in the absence of information to the contrary, i did assume that you used the wizard, as that is the way 90% of the people create security assist pages.

When applying the Email Password Behavior, did you go to the Email Settings tab to set the body of the email? you will need to set the email message to use the columns from your user table, the default email message will use the default user table column names.

also, on the email server settings tab, you will need to select a character set.

I have logged a bug in regards to the error on reinspecting the behavior.

PaulBeta Tester

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  Paul, it wasn't clear from your initial report that you where not using the wizard, in the absence of information to the contrary, i did assume that you used the wizard, as that is the way 90% of the people create security assist pages.

When applying the Email Password Behavior, did you go to the Email Settings tab to set the body of the email? you will need to set the email message to use the columns from your user table, the default email message will use the default user table column names.

also, on the email server settings tab, you will need to select a character set.

I have logged a bug in regards to the error on reinspecting the behavior.  

Yes I set the email body using my own table
I've set the UTF-8 character set.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...