close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Databridge UE not creating mailTo

Thread began 7/04/2012 1:49 pm by dale.meadowcroft390373 | Last modified 7/06/2012 12:02 pm by dale.meadowcroft390373 | 866 views | 6 replies |

dale.meadowcroft390373

Databridge UE not creating mailTo

I am creating a form using dataridge and dreamweaver cs6. When I put the To: recepient email address in the form builder field, it does not generate in the email and the email fails. If I hardcode it in the $MailTo variable in the generated template file, all emails work.

That might be a good work around, but I need the To: field to be dynamic.

I tried using a hidden field and "POSTING" the value to build up the recipients array, but that didn't work, either.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ian S

Where is your dynamic To: value coming from?

A recordset or a form?

Is the recordset placed before the UE behaviour on the page?

Cheers
Ian

dale.meadowcroft390373

I am still "testing" before going to a dynamic To:.

I enetered the To: email address in the To: section of the email setup and get nothing when I submit the form. If I hardcode theTo: in the template it works.

To test a dynamic To: I placed the email address in a hidden field and used the wizard to generate the php string to retrieve the posted value... and got nothing when I submitted the form.

Looking at the logs in my SMTP mail server, I see the initial receipt, but somewhere to "$MailTo" field used in mail() is not being generated and the mail server is dropping the request.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

where are you hard coding the to address?

Can you send a copy of the page you applied universal email to when you entered the address in the UE wizard, another copy after making the change, and a copy when using the hidden element as the to address so i can examine the code.

dale.meadowcroft390373

There are two files in the attached zip

daleForm.php.txt is the form, with the hiddenEmail field

waue_daleForm_1.php.txt is the code I hardcode the $MailTo variable. If It remains blank, as it is when I use the UE wizard, the email is not sent. If I uver ride the geberated code and type the recepient email in $Mail To, then the email is sent

Attached Files
waue_daleForm_1.php.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the email address:
test@localhost.localdomain

is not a valid email address format so will not be used.

try using a valid format like:
test@here.com

in the waue_daleForm_1.php the line:
$MailTo = "";

is used to initialize the to address variable.

in the daleForm.php file, this code sets an array of the recipient email addresses:
$RecipArray[$CurIndex] = array();
$RecipArray[$CurIndex ][] = "".((isset($_POST["hiddenEmail"]))?$_POST["hiddenEmail"]:"") ."";

in the mail.php file there is code that will evaluate the email address in the recipient array to ensure that is a valid email address format. If it is not a valid format, it is discarded, if it is a valid format, it added to the $MailTo variable.

The fact that you are hard coding the email address to the email to variable means that is by passing the format check. in many cases the SMTP server would refuse to relay the email because the to address format is not valid, it seams your SMTP server is not as strict.

dale.meadowcroft390373

Thank you.
I was trying to set up hmailserver on my windows 7 system so I did not have to test UE forms on my "live" server.
I did get it to work properly on the live hosting server.

You can close this query

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...