close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Does it support UK shipping by weight

Thread began 3/22/2009 3:54 am by steve351418 | Last modified 9/19/2009 5:13 pm by warrenphillips25336771 | 5387 views | 14 replies |

steve351418

Does it support UK shipping by weight

Hi..,

Does this solution allow me to implement UK shipping by weight straight out of the box.

Regards

Steve

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. In fact there are many different options even when calculating the shipping by weight. Most any should be possible.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

admin374868

Adding UK shipping & changing currency symbol

Hi

Can anyone help.

How do I change the currency symbol in powerstore? And how do I include UK postage costs? It's all set up to use usps which is USA based

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can update the cart object to change the currency symbol.

What do you want to use for shipping? How does the company calculate their shipping costs currently?

admin374868

Wherre is the cart object found?

We currently use shipping costs based on weights, its in an excel file. The cost of shipping say for a package that weighs 500gram would lookup from the table below which would then return £2.50 as it is over 250gram but under 750gram.

Weight upto Cost

.250kg 1.99
.750kg 2.50
1kg 3.50

etc etc

thanks for your help

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Put that information into a database and look up the shipping price by weight just as you currently do. Remove the UPS stuff, that doesn't seem valid for you or your business.

The eCart object can be opened from the insert panel, insert menu, or by double clicking on the object server behavior on any page it is used.

admin374868

By double clicking the object do you mean double click the PHP symbol in dreamweaver? Which page do I change? Sorry if I seem dumb, just worried about altering something that I wouldnt know how to put right if it went wrong as I dont understand how this is all put together.

I dont know how to put the table in the database and do a look up from it. I was hoping when I bought powerstore that there would be some tutorials or how to's on all this but cant seem to find anything. I know how to enter data in my database, not sure where do go from there or what page I'm supposed to update? ie. a template that will update all pages or one page at a time.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Go to the window "Server Behaviors" you will see the eCart object there.

To remove UPS, in the same window, go to the shipping tab and click the minus button to remove UPS.

To update the caculation go to the confirm page and highlight the UPS Server Behavior. Then click the minus button to remove it.

There you can add your Recordset to get the correct charge by weight from your database of weights and associated charges.

Then use the Server Behavior "Set Session Value" to store the resulting charge in a sesison variable.

At that point you go back into the cart and add the shipping charge equal to the value of that Session variable. If you aren't familiar with Dreamweaver Server Behaviors or PHP it will be difficult to make updates since there are so many possibilities we cannot document them all.

admin374868

when i double click on the dynamic object in server behaviours I get a dynamic box showing with recordset showing (WADAProducts) when I click on this to expand ti will not let me connect to amend it, it says error can not connect.

i do know a little about servor behaviours using dreamweaver tutorals but only simplist method how to connect to database and put dynamic data on page, but this is confusing me?

where is the WADAProducts database? If there is one

In the server behaviours panel there isnt a behaviour for the price item?

Is this all done on the cart.php page?

warrenphillips25336771Beta Tester

you are trying to connect to something which is not what ray said, on the top under server behaviours you will have a list, some will have weird names that web assist uses,you should see one that says ecart, you need to go to that one, leave the rest as they are part of the sites data. WADAProducts stands for webassist dataassist products which means they used data assist to make the pages to get or find the products, look for the one that says ecart and then get rid of the ups like ray described.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...