close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

form empties but no indication it was sent

Thread began 6/26/2012 1:19 pm by LesGreen1943 | Last modified 6/28/2012 6:41 am by Jason Byrnes | 2814 views | 7 replies |

LesGreen1943

form empties but no indication it was sent

The form is located here form.php

1. I do not know a way to make it go to a success page in form builder. I see nothing as a selection.
2. reading the instructions here "Updating HTML Editor functionality: From Dreamweaver's Design View, (Where is this) select the HTML Editor instance(?). Choose the Edit option from the Properties Inspector to launch the HTML Editor interface." Been using DW since Macromedia but never heard of where that is. I do not see the form at all unless I go to live view. this is my code. , well was going to include it but error said it was too long

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) Either set the forms action page to go to the success page. Or open the server behaviors panel, double click the Universal Email server behavior and set the Go To Page.

2) In Dreamweaver, The main view is Design View, you should have buttons to allow you to select Code View Or Design View.

to open the property inspector, go to Window -> Property Inspector.

It doesn't look like you have added an HTML Editor instance to your form, though, so you wont be able to edit one.

To attach a copy of your page, compress it to a zip archive and attach the zip file.

LesGreen1943

starting to get it

form2.php

I was able to send the eMail but it came thru empty! only could see the addresses. I did not have an eMail file default because previous eMail looked like garbage. All I need are the fields to be sent as the form is filled in. There was an additional note at the bottom with gibberesh. I never chose that field anywhere.

I think this could be simplified. To be added to mi scheberach list please provide name of person to be listed. To be added to yahrzeit list I need name of deceased, english date of death and relationship to member (John Doe father of Mary Doe February 29, 2011). All requests to be e-mailed to essnern@etcmail.com. Thanks...ne

On Jun 26, 2012, at 3:31 PM, info@shalombharim.org wrote:

Your Email Title Goes Here ( this was large, bolded and covered the info)
email subtitle area or directions can go here, below the title
Form Submitted: 6-26-2012 | 2:31 PM CDT
Full Name: les green
Email Address: lagreen@netspaceads.com
Request for MiShebeirach orY artzheits group Type of Request: MiShebeirach
Persons name for whom request is made: les
Details: feeling poorly, trying to get this form to work
Additional Notes:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec eget tellus sed justo rhoncus posuere id sit amet arcu. Morbi pretium, enim faucibus facilisis hendrerit, elit. Morbi quis sodales ligula. Pellentesque elementum faucibus elementum. Sed rutrum dui in nisi dapibus molestie. Sed dictum ultricies viverra.
In non urna vel nisi dictum tincidunt facilisis nec enim. In vitae lectus mauris. Mauris id sem non risus aliquam pretium at ac ipsum. Cras ac ultrices nisi. Cras ultricies ultricies bibendum. Duis vitae aliquam erat. Nullam justo augue, mattis quis ultricies in, posuere sed tortor. Aenean ornare orci nec felis semper vitae interdum velit ultrices. Ut auctor congue tellus in hendrerit. Aliquam et massa hendrerit leo sodales dapibus non ultricies mi. Morbi non tellus bibendum quam elementum bibendum sit amet vel metus.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

edit the email template file to in the webassist/email/templates folder to change the email body and remove any information you don't want included in the email.

LesGreen1943

Cool

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  edit the email template file to in the webassist/email/templates folder to change the email body and remove any information you don't want included in the email.  

Hey that worked well. I may actually be gettin it!

Two More Questions, 1. If I want to center the form on the page where do I put the align tag, any good ideas?, mine don't work.

2. Placing the form on an existing page seems like it could be tricky because of the HTML and php mixing. Dreamweaver misplaced the html tags when I clicked "finished" so I have to maneuver them so I could actually see the form and edit it. (I did place my cursor after the body tag before finishing) Thanks for help. I am not a PHP programmer

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1) place the form in a div that has the width set to the exact width of the form, and use margin:0 auto;

if you need more assistance, send a link where i can see the page.

2) shouldn't be a problem adding the form to and existing page, place your cursor on the page where you want the form to go, then run the form builder wizard, the form will be inserted into the page at the cursor location.

LesGreen1943

great

Got all that, one more issue seems to have reared its ugly head.

form2.php

The date picker has a *required* validation and I do not want it a required field. It is only appropriate in some cases. It is unchecked in the build process but continues to appear in final product.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

find the following line near the bottom of the page:

php:
var Date_of_Death_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Date_of_Death_Spry", "date", { format:'mm/dd/yyyy' , validateOn:["blur"]});

and change it to:

php:
var Date_of_Death_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Date_of_Death_Spry", "date", { format:'mm/dd/yyyy' , validateOn:["blur"], isRequired:false});

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...