close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DataAssist confusion

Thread began 6/26/2012 12:17 pm by keith437972 | Last modified 7/13/2012 6:43 am by Jason Byrnes | 3837 views | 15 replies |

keith437972

DataAssist confusion

I'm trying to create a download center. The document at: creating_download_center.php tells me to go to Insert->Webassist->Dataassist->DataAssist wizard but when I try that I don't have that option. All I get is Data Assist Pages, Data Assist Search Wizard and Repeating Table. What am I doing wrong?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

For Data Bridge, you will need to go to WebAssist -> DataBase -> DataAssist pages to start the data assist wizard.

keith437972

Sorry to be such an idiot...but now I'm more confused than ever. Should I not be following the instructions in: eca...oad_center.php ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The instructions in that tutorial where written for Data Assist 2. They will still work when using Data Bridge, but the access point for running the Data Assist wizard has changed.

To run the Data Assist Wizard, go to WebAssist -> Database -> DataAssist pages

keith437972

That looks very different from the tutorial. Once there how does one proceed?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the Create pages wizard, select to use a new form blank application type

choose a design Preset that you like, and set it to use the Order details table.

On the Manage pages tab, click the plus button and select the results page, select the columns from the order details table you wish to display, then click finish.

the results page is the page we nee to create.

keith437972

Thanks Jason, I'm making progress.

Now when I go to insert an "Add to Cart Button" the dialog box won't allow me to select the dynamic, look up from record set option. Have I missed a step somewhere?

Thanks again.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There must be a recordset on the page in order to use the Dynamic Lookup from recordset option.

keith437972

OK, now I'm officially lost.

I believe that I need to create a page with the list of available documents for download and have an "add to cart" button for each.

Those documents are records in the products table and the document name is in the ProductLocation field.

On leaving that page with a Submit button or something of the sort will redirect to the orderdetails_results.php page created with and without the tutorial listed above and the download button there will download the documents.

Am I on the right track? and if so, how do I go about creating the page with the list of documents available for download?

Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, create a page with a recordset on it that will return the available documents to download.

On the page, use the bindings panel to add recordset columns that you would like to display to show document name or description. add the add to cart button as well.

add repeat region around this so that it will repeat through each record in the recordset.

this will allow the user to select documents and add them to the cart.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...