close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Allow users choice of their paypal account or credit card with linkpoint

Thread began 6/25/2012 8:13 pm by steve204795 | Last modified 6/27/2012 7:23 am by Jason Byrnes | 1736 views | 6 replies |

steve204795

Allow users choice of their paypal account or credit card with linkpoint

my client would like to have users pay with THEIR paypal account in addition to paying by credit card using Linkpoint ... the linkpoint pages are live and working with shipping etc ...

he has paypal pro - my question is: in order for a user to pay with their paypal account don't I need to direct them to Paypal and can i pass all the shipping quotes and extra charge amounts to paypal and redirect them back?

my thought was to regenerate separate cart pages using the checkout wiz and then using copies of the linkpoint pages with all the calculations and mods for shipping and replacing all linkpoint code with the paypal code

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You will need to rerun the checkout wizard to create the paypal checkout pages. In the cehckout wizard, on the last step, make sure to use unique names for the pages.

you then need to add a link on the cart page to offer the option to checkout using paypal.

Using paypal pro, they will be able to checkout using a credit card similar to Link Point, but also using Express checkout where then select to use their paypal account.

using express checkout they go to the paypal servers to select the payment method and shipping address, then they go back to your site to see the final cost including shipping calculations to confirm the order.

Any customizations you have made to the shipping lookup for linkpoint, you will need to redo for the paypal checkout.

steve204795

thanks!

.. i was on the right track but didn't know to choose Express checkout ... thanks!

steve204795

express with PP pro

where do i indicate to use Express with pro? .. I generated the paypal pro pages and checked the code .. thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

payments pro is 2 payment options: Direct Payments and Express Checkout.

the pages created using Paypal Pro add a checkout with paypal button to the checkout page.

This button starts the express checkout.

steve204795

express process

currently I have the user choosing a ship type on the check out page... if they use the express button would they go out to PayPal use their credentials and then come back to the confirm page? Also there are choices for the express button ... authorize, process .. etc I chose process .. thanks for clarification

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, the user goes to paypal they choose the payment method, then they are returned to the pp_confirm page to confirm the transaction.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...