close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Manage Relational Table Issue

Thread began 6/21/2012 3:13 am by JPowell | Last modified 7/19/2012 1:27 pm by Andrew Read | 3373 views | 23 replies |

JPowell

Manage Relational Table Issue

Has anyone tried a manage relational table with Data Bridge? I had no problems with this using Data Assist, but now, with Data Bridge, it does not seem to work. Upon updating on the attached update page, the Options_Table_Foriegn_Key of the many to many table is updated properly, but the Main_Table_Foriegn_Key records a zero. The insert page does not work either but I have just attached the update page.

Attached Files
update.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Rune Brynestad

Are there any solution for this. I have the same problem too.

The key value from the main table join writes to the relational table as it should, but the options form field value does not. It writes the value 0 to the database, not the value from the form field.

I'm attaching my page.

Live URL here: Kunde_skjema.php

I also get the attached error message after I have picked the "Go to" file. Deleting the winfile cache does not help.

Regards
Rune

Attached Files
Kunde_skjema.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

JPowell

Jason, thanks for creating the support ticket. Due to time difference though, it is hard to find a time which matches your tech support call line. I will reply to the support ticket, but as Rune just confirmed, there is a problem and it would be easier if it was simply fixed.

I did a little more experimentation and found something interesting. Let's say the many to many table is set up like this. id, options_id, main_id. For me, when I insert a record, options_id is fine, but like Rune said, main_id is 0. Then I modified the table to be id, options_id, main_id, pricediff_id - adding the pricecdiff additional field. In the relational table wizard, I set the pricediff_id to a random number. Now the main_id data is writing into the pricediff_id and main_id is still 0.

I will wake up early and get with your engineers early next week.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You and Rune are the only two people to report the issue. We will need to look into the problem with either of you to find a cause and implement a solution, though the solution for rune may not be the same solution for you.

I am looking at the support incident I started, and there has not been a reply yet, please please reply with contact details so we can investigate the issue.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We have identified the issue with the manage relational table behavior.

here is an updated copy of the webassist/database_management/wa_appbuilder_php.php that will correct the problem

Attached Files
wa_appbuilder_php.php.zip

Rune Brynestad

I believe there is another issue with the manage relational table behavior. As far as I can see, the fix works if there is only one manage relational table behavior on the page. I have an Insert page with two manage relational table behaviors. Only the last one added works. For the first one, nothing is written to the relational table. The second one works as it should.

I'm attaching my page. It's a Product Insert page with size (størrelser) and color (farger) options. In this case, only the color (farge) is inserted into the relational table.

I'm also attaching the wa_appbuilder_php.php page that I'm using.

Live URL here: products_insert.php

Regards
Rune

Attached Files
tcacarcare.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

using 2 columns in the product options table, one for size and another for color, then using two manage relational table behaviors is not the correct way to accomplish this.

for multiple option types, the database structure would be:

optiongroups:
optionGroupID - Primary key
optionGroupName

example:

|---------------|-----------------|
| optionGroupID | optionGroupName |
| 1 | Color |
| 2 | Size |

options:
optionID - Primary Key
optionGroupID - Relates to optiongroups.optionGroupID
optionName

example:

|----------|---------------|------------|
| optionID | optionGroupID | optionName |
| 1 | 1 | Red |
| 2 | 1 | Yellow |
| 3 | 1 | Blue |
| 4 | 1 | Green |
| 5 | 2 | Small |
| 6 | 2 | Medium |
| 7 | 2 | Large |

in the product options you only have one option column to use in the manage relational table behavior.

in your page, use one recordset to return the options, and one repeat region, set the recordset to order by optionGroupID, then you can add an if statement to change the label to Size if the optionGroupID = 2

Rune Brynestad

So I only need one manage relational table behavior on my page ? Not one for the size and one for the color?

I believe I need two set of checkboxes, one for the color and one for the size. Can booth be inserted with one manage relational table behavior ?

Regards
Rune

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...