close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Form throwing errors in Chrome

Thread began 6/19/2012 6:10 am by admin140217 | Last modified 6/20/2012 2:18 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2383 views | 10 replies |

admin140217

Form throwing errors in Chrome

I have a registration form located at ahd_registration.php once going through the initial pages to the actual registration form people using Chrome are unable to register due to errors. So far these errors have not been present on IE, Firefox, or Safari on MAC Books.

The error message is "Fill in all Fields" or something to that effect, then doesn't allow submission. As far as I know, there are no other errors except on the forms page.

The form is using validation on nearly every field, I don't know if this is an error specific to a setting in Chrome or the browser itself but I need to get the issue corrected as we are in the middle of the registration process.

I am not using Chrome myself and can't verify this.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am not able to reproduce the problem, I have tested using Google Chrome on both Windows and Mac, in both tests I was able to proceed to the point where the transaction is sent to paypal.

admin140217

hmmm

Jason,

Can I ask about your settings in Chrome? I just downloaded Chrome myself and on a fresh install I'm not getting an error but I can't seem to get to checkout when I click on proceed to checkout. The page just refreshes and stays there with my information.

Am I missing something?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am using the standard chrome settings, I installed chrome and have not made any modifications to the settings.

The only way I can reproduce the behavior you are describing is to leave a field unfilled in the checkout form.

are you using server validation for the checkout?

if so, try adding a validation sow if message for each field in the form rather than just using one generic message, this way you can pinpoint which validation is causing the failure more easily.

for each validation that is set up in the server validation behavior, add an error to the page next to that element, then select it and add a validation show if behavior, chose the validation failure to trigger the message and click the plus button.

admin140217

Yes I am using server behaviors for validation but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I know I have a generic message but when I fill out the form completely I'm not getting the message, it's just not going anywhere!

I know you explained it but could you give me a better example of the show if validation you're taking about?

Am I selecting the form element or just some place next to it to create the show if validation.

Sorry, I'm feeling rather ignorant today.

admin140217

At a loss

I'm at a loss It looks like the validation issue is at the email address but how can that be? I'm stumpted.

admin140217

Adding a show if validation message provided no information, I'm still not getting an error, I'm not sure what's going on.

If you had not issues then I shouldn't either.

admin140217

Jason I have made a mistake, I didn't originally use CSS form builder for this site on the validation extension, I don't know if that makes a difference but I'm still not getting anywhere with it.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

admin140217

I don't see this particular support ticket inmy support history. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...