close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Bug when multiple menu fields

Thread began 6/01/2012 9:31 pm by dvolle228412 | Last modified 6/07/2012 6:50 am by dvolle228412 | 2295 views | 7 replies |

dvolle228412

Bug when multiple menu fields

I just tried to build my first dataAssist pages with the new data bridge, (I've created many in the past). I added field info and then added an insert and an update page.
My fields include several menu type fields fed dynamically from the database, and the resulting insert page does not work at all. DW 5.5 shows syntax errors in the resulting output. At the bottom of the page I have this copied exactly as it appears in the output page.

</<?php
mysql_free_result($WADAState)<?php
mysql_free_result($WADAServiceTeam1)<?php
mysql_free_result($WADAServiceTeam2)<?php
mysql_free_result($WADAServiceTeam3)<?php
mysql_free_result($WADACoLeadTeam);
?>;
?>;
?>;
?>;
?>html>
Each of the listed items is a dynamic menu item, and obviously the php tags are totally screwed up! Please advise when I can expect this product to be updated to actually work correctly please.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is a known issue and we are working hard on releasing an update to correct the problem.

we hope to have the update ready to be released late this week, or early next week.

dvolle228412

Why was this released so full of bugs?

The program is full of bugs and TOTALLY unsuitable to actually build a project! I left web assist because of the way that backward compatiblity was totally destroyed. I was left with no way to support what I had created with over $1000 invested in web assist. I read about the new extensions and decided to try again for a new project with the new integrated extensions only to find that once again products were released while not even close to production ready for anything but the very simple basic features.
Of course I have now exceeded the satisfaction guarantee period can I still get my money back? I'm totally dissatisfied! I need to deliver and your answer is we are hoping to make the product actually work in a week or so. This should never have been released yet.
It took me the satisfaction guarantee period just to get the product to install and run without javascript errors. I still have a momento error every time I start Dreamweaver, and dreamweaver is almost unusably slow with the Data bridge and Design extensions loaded. I've experianced about a 70% slow down since loading Web Assist.
Please inform how to apply for a refund.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We just released an update to eCart 5 and Design Extender to address issues, the update to DataBridge will be released Tomorrow or Friday.

The new versions of eCart, Data Bridge and design Extender no longer include Memento, so any Memento error you are getting implies that you still have an older version of one of the extensions installed that may be causing conflicts. What other extensions are installed in the extension manager, including version numbers? What is the Memento error?

the type of slow down you report is not a common occurrence, and we will be happy to look into the cause with you.

Once the updates have been released, I think you will find the programs running much better, if you are running into further issues after the updates, we will look into them with you, we try very hard to make our customers satisfaction a top priority. We will extend your refund period, and if you are still unhappy after the updates have been released, we will process your refund.

dvolle228412

Memento Error Etc.

The error says:
"Unable to find file WA_Memento.htm in the Configuration/Floaters directory. The floater will not be shown."
I only have Data Bridge and Design Extender installed. I'm not sure what else was, but this is new machine, and I think CMS Builder is the only other thing I've had on this machine.
I will certainly try the new versions but must express my frustration that a product so far from production ready is released.

dvolle228412

More on memento error

I just uninstalled both data bridge and design extender, I've loaded the new 1.07 version of design extender and the 1.02 of data bridge. I'm still getting the memento error.
The only other extension I had loaded on this machine was ThemeIt, and possibly CMS builder. Of course both were unloaded, but clearly something remains. Where should I be looking to clear out the memento floater call during startup?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to correct the error, reset the workspace layout.

go to Window -> Workspace Layout -> Reset '<Your layout name>'

dvolle228412

Mememto problem solved

Ok, thanks.
Resetting the workspace resolves the Memento error.
Now anxiously awaiting Data Bridge update.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...