close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart issues

Thread began 7/31/2009 1:36 pm by elewis93815 | Last modified 8/10/2009 4:11 pm by Eric Mittman | 5215 views | 8 replies |

elewis93815

ecart issues

I would like some direction with a store that we are in the process of building with ecart. This particular store is for clothing merchandise. So we have created the database tables that we can pull "size" and "color" for each T-shirt purchase. My question is in reference to the drop downs for sizes and colors. Right now it is only pulling up the first record in each table e.g., "black" or "small" when we try to add a T-shirt to the cart. I'm not sure if this is an issue with our recordset or the dynamic drop or both. This is our first time creating the drop downs so we are not sure if our direction is correct.

Also, when attempting to create the checkout pages, we have the cart display page opened, we click to open the checkout wizard, it opens and we can change the buttons on the top of the page but none of the buttons on the bottom work, e.g., "help" "get started" etc. We have restarted Dreamweaver in an attempt to shake off any glitches but no luck

Thanks for your help,

Jackie

Sign in to reply to this post

elewis93815

recordset filtering?

We have created a store with just one product, for now and are having some trouble with the recordset filtering. We are only seeing the first record populating in the cart. e.g. when we purchase a white t shirt in X Large it will populate "small" "maroon' which is the first record in both tables. I think, but not sure, that we should filter our recordset but I'm not sure what type of filter to apply or if this is the direction that should be taken. Any ideas????? Please visit mira_store.php to see what we are talking about.

CraigRBeta Tester

I have only managed a quick look, but it looks as though your 'add to cart' form doesn't have the size and colour lists in it, they are in separate forms called form1 and form 2.

you need to have these lists in your add to cart form, so when you press the add to cart button, it passes the post variables from the form to the code

elewis93815

A little more information please

Thanks CraigR can you give us a little more direction, we've tried a bunch of possibilities and still no luck.

Thanks

Eric Mittman

Were you able to combine the forms on the page so that you have only a single form for the add to cart? You can post back here with the page if you are able and I can show you what must be done on the page to combine the two. If you need some assistance with this and cannot post the page here let me know and I will open a support ticket for you so that you can post the files privately.

CraigRBeta Tester

As it stands, on your add to cart page, your size selection list (called parent) is in its own form 'form1' and the color selection list (child) is in its own form 'form2'.

these both need to be contained within the add to cart form, which you have called mira_cart_1_ATC_.

At present, your add to cart form is passing size = "4" and value = "1" to the cart whenever you click the add to cart button.
What it isn't doing is passing the values from the lists, as they are not contained within the form.

elewis93815

Thank you for the feedback

Hello Eric,

We would be interested in opening a ticket and working on this with you. Is there anything you need us to do?

Thank you again for your reply.

Eric Mittman

I have gone ahead and opened a ticket for you. Please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history area to update this ticket with your add to cart page and any other info you have. I don't think this should be too difficult to debug when we can see your page, like Craig mentioned it is probably just adjusting these forms that will allow it to work.

Eric Mittman

We were able to get this resolved in a ticket by combining the forms so that you have only the one add to cart form on the page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...