close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Mm_error

Thread began 5/29/2012 11:06 am by Sven | Last modified 6/07/2012 2:23 pm by Sven | 2232 views | 6 replies |

Sven

Mm_error

I was following along to the Create A Double Opt In Registration video. Everything seemed fine until a couple steps after adding the database fields. In registration.php, when I double-clicked Insert Record (users) and then clicked the Bindings tab, in my list of columns I have the following error message: MM_ERROR: An unidentified error has occurred. From what I have read on the forums, this seems to be a communication issue with the database connection. I have tried everything I could find in the forums:
-delete WinFileCache
-delete _MM folder
-recreate Site Cache
-recreate connection
-recreate configuration
-uninstalled DataBridge (the only extension currently installed), deleted Cache file and reinstalled

What else can I try?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This error points to a problem with the Site definition.

In the Site definition How have you defined the connection to the testing server? are you using a local testing server or a remote testing server?

see the "Defining a Dynamic Site in Dreamweaver" tutorial on our learning resources page for more details on setting up your site in Dreamweaver:
tutorials.php

Sven

Hi Jason,
I am using XAMPP as a local testing server and have had no problems up to this point. I double checked my Site definition against the tutorial and still have the same error. I am able to see all my database tables and columns under the database tab. I double checked my connections against the tutorial and the test says OK.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

first close Dreamweaver, then sing your Operating systems file manager, go to the xampp htdocs folder and go to the root of your Dreamweaver site.

In this folder, find the _mmServerScripts folder and delete it, then try using DataBridge again.

Sven

Hi Jason,
As I stated in my original post, deleting the _mmServerScripts folder was one of the first things I tried. I tried it again and still the same error message. I have now copied my registration.php file to another computer with Dreamweaver CS6 as well and do not get the error message. I then uninstalled DataBridge, uninstalled Dreamweaver CS6, restarted my computer, reinstalled CS6 and reinstalled DataBridge and STILL get the error message. I am having the problem on a computer running Vista and no error on a Windows 7 OS. I have attached the file in question to see if you can figure anything out.

Thanks, Len

Update: I created a brand new registration page from scratch using Security Assist-Create Security Pages and immediately after it was created I get the same error message scenario. Hopefully this helps.

Attached Files
registration.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Sven

I corrected the issue. I noticed that the error message was only appearing when the "users' table was selected. If I chose any other table, no error message and the columns were listed as they should be in the bindings tab. So I reimported my database and now it works.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...