close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

E-mail confirmation

Thread began 5/21/2012 7:07 pm by mpiasecki1437949 | Last modified 6/05/2012 9:07 am by Jason Byrnes | 2256 views | 7 replies |

mpiasecki1437949

E-mail confirmation

I am trying to apply e-mail confirmation to registration. After submit button pressed I want each user to receive confirmation e-mail with log in and password. There is not even one tutorial to do it and get some idea. I applied UE to registration page and do not know what to do next. Which session to choose in "to" how to set up smpt etc. Would it be possible to get step by step directions. It seems simple but there is just too many option to choose.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

For the To address, click the lightning bolt icon and select the email address column from the form.

the SMTP server settings depend on your host. Many hosts will work if you leave the smtp server settings blank. For some, you will need to enter the correct SMTP server address. For Others, you will need to use the Pear Mail for SMTP email object. there is no one set of instructions for the SMTP server settings that will work for all.

Who is your host? they probably have a support doc that has information on sending emails using a php script that will help in determining the correct settings to use.

for the email body, you can select the option to Create a File For the email message, this will include all of the registration information in the email massage.

if you do not want to include the all of the registration form data, dont click the create a file for the email body option, instead, click the DW Edit Icon to create your email message. On the bindings panel, expand the registration form binding group and the bindings for the fields you want to include in the email body.

mpiasecki1437949

I did all steps but still doesn't work. My hos is Ipage and I put smtp.mydomain.com as smtp server and port 587 (got this from their website) I left all blank but still did not send e-mail. Did anybody tried it with ipage host ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it looks like the Ipage SMTP server requires authentication in order to send the email.

this means you will need to use the Pear Mail For SMTP Email object in universal email in order to send the email message.

mpiasecki1437949

UE

I finally completed e-card wizard and there the UE works with all info blank which means that at registration page this should be the same. Could you check attached page for any errors maybe the code is in wrong place. I really need to make this work.

Attached Files
registration.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the insert record behavior is set to redirect to the login page, this redirect happens before the email can be sent.

edit the insert record behavior, remove the redirect to the login page, then edit the universal email behavior, and set it to go to the login page after sending the email.

mpiasecki1437949

UE

when I did this after pressing submitt button I get this message
"Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /hermes/bosweb26a/b1756/ipg.markensnet/webassist/email/mailformatting_php.php on line 140

Warning: require(Block.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb26a/b1756/ipg.markensnet/webassist/email/mailformatting_php.php on line 142

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Block.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb26a/b1756/ipg.markensnet/webassist/email/mailformatting_php.php on line 142"

Attached Files
registration.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this error happens if you don't upload the webassist/email/templates folder. make sure the webassist/email/templates folder is uploaded to the server.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...