close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart 5 shipping/postage

Thread began 5/16/2012 6:17 pm by khon_lao435659 | Last modified 5/30/2012 6:13 pm by khon_lao435659 | 3218 views | 14 replies |

khon_lao435659

ecart 5 shipping/postage

i have ecart 5 extention in dreamweaver. im developing a site which sells only WITHIN australia. i see options for shipping though what im after is looking for a way to base shipping on postage ONLY within Australian states. is there a way i can do that? to be able to base postage by region example. $8.50 for all states except Northen Territory which is $15.50 and Canberra is free postage?? is there a way to statically implement those prices depending on the customer's postage address

can someone help me please. asap preferably.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you will need to populate the state list on the checkout page with the australian states.

the shipping state is stored in a session variable named:
eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_state_province

and the shipping country is stored in a session named:
eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country

you can create Shipping rules that trigger on the value of those session variables.

from your description, you would need to crate 2 rules, the exact rules will depend on how you set the values of the state lists:

- apply a base rate of $8.50 to all australian states except Canberra:

Triggers:
"Based on session Variable Value"
if the session variable "eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country" is "=" a value of "AU"

AND
if the session variable "eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_state_province" is "!=" a value of "Canberra"

Calculation:
Falt rate "8.50"

- apply an additional $7.00 if the state is Northen Territory

Triggers:
if the session variable "eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country" is "=" a value of "AU"

AND
if the session variable "eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_state_province" is "=" a value of "Northern Territory"

Calculation:
Falt rate "7.00"

khon_lao435659

i get this error message at the top of the check out page during testing

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /myserver/checkout.php:3) in /myserver/WA_eCart/PP_ECO_Scripts/PP_ECO_PHP.php on line 2

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that error means there is output to the page between php tags. the error is reporting the problem at line 3 of the checkout.php page
output started at /myserver/checkout.php:3

see this thread for details:
showthread.php?t=19285

khon_lao435659

thank you jason. i solved that error.

i couldnt see any spaces in dreamweaver or any errors. but when i went into my hosting server i edited the code from there and turns out my whole code started on line 2 and not from line 1. dont how that happened. but i fixed the bug thanks to you.

my other question now is. i have implemented the postage as you instructed.. but its not working.. i still get a flat rate of 8.50 for all transactions. and now my other problem is that the currency is in USD and there is no option to change to australian dollar (AUD). to attempt to fix this, in the checkout.php there was a line under currency i changed to AUD from USD. but still does not work. how can i fix this?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please post a link where i can see the problem and a copy of the eCart object file from the WA_eCart folder.

also what paypal system are you using

khon_lao435659

the object file is named LadeeCart.txt at the bottom there.

i cannot post a screen shot of the problem because there is no error message.
im using paypals standard payment checkout with ecart 5.

Attached Files
LadeeCart.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please post a link to your site so I can see the problem in the browser.

khon_lao435659

the link to the site is _TEST
and another thing is i followed the instructions on how to implement an order history with data assist/security assist though the data does not show up for my member page when i input data into the order and order details database.

and when i checkout with the cart it takes me to the confirm.php and says "Unknown column "" in 'field list' i dont know whats wrong.. i followed everything and made sure its all correct.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...