close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Is it stable yet?

Thread began 5/16/2012 3:09 am by mrs | Last modified 6/05/2012 8:27 pm by doug425125 | 4779 views | 32 replies |

mrs

Is it stable yet?

Just looking for your opinions... is the latest version of Data Bridge stable yet, or are there still issues which need to be fixed?

I have bought DB, but haven't installed it yet because the first release seemed a little problematic for most users!

If it's still not stable, is there a second fix coming soon, or is this some way off? I want to start a couple of new projects ASAP, but see little point if I need to remove includes etc that have been create by previous versions of the extensions included in DB.

Thanks.

Mat

Sign in to reply to this post

YellowCircleWeb

It's not stable yet (a quick scan of the forum topics will highlight why), but there is a fix coming according to posts I've read by Jason on here.

Hope this helps

msummers194171

I guess it depends on your definition and understanding of 'stable'. In my hands, it's stable (i.e. no crashes), although there are still some anomalous behaviors. If you are OK with code, none of the ones I have encountered seem too problematic. Bear in mind that so far my use has been confined to DataAssist, FormBuilder and SecurityAssist.

YellowCircleWeb

Ah right, well in that case I've not experienced any crashes since the updates were released. I am using CS6 on Win 7. I have used DataAssist, CSS Form Builder, Validation Toolkit and Theme It (in the CSS Form Builder extension).

Hope that helps.

info4753

I'm using CS 6 on Mac and it's unstable.

Any file access crashes DW ...

Jordan

I'm using it on Mac 10.6.8 with CS6 and it does crash a good few times. I still like the direction its going in with the integrated install etc and I'm sure the bugs will be sorted out as soon as possible :)

lmatamoros

Is not!!

Just star using it, with fresh CS6, not another extension, just WA extensions.

When selecting pages types in pages wizard; i have to select up to 10 times the same value just to insert it.

When selecting a field setting MENU, just lost the DB connection or just won´t close after selecting a table.

MAC OS 10.7.4 / DW CS6

lmatamoros

Another

Originally Said By: lmatamoros297805
  Just star using it, with fresh CS6, not another extension, just WA extensions.

When selecting pages types in pages wizard; i have to select up to 10 times the same value just to insert it.

When selecting a field setting MENU, just lost the DB connection or just won´t close after selecting a table.

MAC OS 10.7.4 / DW CS6  

Now, I I got this message after OK button, over and over again...

lmatamoros

This piece of junk, make me work more..
just don't work .. 200$ to the trash

biz295654WebAssist

We have logged this bug already. Mac users are on hold until the next fix. Do not give up. From my personal experience since 2007, WA has superior support and fix for bugs. While I agree, this particular effort didn't get full debug for Mac folks, I am confident that we'll see some message soon about either an update or at least a date for it. For me, if the date is not soon, I'll revert back to DataAssist so I can keep working.

Ray: Estimated date for fix? It would be helpful to know plans so Mac folks can revert to keep working or hold on for another day or so for fix.

Thanks much.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...