close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Custom order form created with Databridge not submitting

Thread began 5/15/2012 6:53 pm by YellowCircleWeb | Last modified 5/16/2012 9:22 am by YellowCircleWeb | 1532 views | 7 replies |

YellowCircleWeb

Custom order form created with Databridge not submitting

I have created a custom order form for a page using the form builder in Data Bridge. I have added validation to my fields (this works fine) and then added email functionality (pretty standard).

However, whenever I click the submit button on the form (all fields correctly validated and filled in) nothing happens. It's like there is no action assigned to the form submission (I have double checked the email behaviour and it's set to fire when the current form is submitted and I have also tried changing this to on the button press action).

I don't normally use Form Builder to create forms, I normally hand-code them, but seeing as I have just bought DataBridge I thought I'd give it a go. I've attached my form page file. If anyone can help with this that would be appreciated.

Attached Files
website-builder-order-form.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

biz295654WebAssist

I am new to Form Builder too and I must be missing something. Upon submit, I get a page loading icon, then it is on the same page. Nothing happens. I do receive an email but it contains no information.

One area of the directions, Specify the Action Page, isn't clear to me.

More testing today to try to figure this out.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

@biz295654 - The action page is that page that will process the form. you have 2 options:
1) Leave the action page as is, the form will submit to itself. If you do this, you will need to edit the universal email behavior after the form is created to redirect to the thanks you page.

2) Set the action to go to the thank you page. This will apply the validation and universal email code to the thank you page, it will send the form data directly to the thank page, if validation fails, it will go back to the form page, if not it will send the email and stay on the thank you page.

if the email is blank, it mens you did not set up the email body. In the Universal Email behavior, either select the option to create a file for the email message, and select one of the templates (recommended), or click the DW Edit button to configure the email body.

@Ian H - One issue i see on your page is that there are 3 instances of the server validation behavior, there should be only one. delete the other 2.

You have set universal Email to redirect to the thank you page after sending the email, if the redirect is not happening, it means that either validation is failing, or there is an error on the page.

try adding the following code to line 1 to turn error reporting on:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

when the page posts, do you "?invalid=true" in the address bar? if so, this means validation has failed and is the cause of the problem.

biz295654WebAssist

Thank you for clearing it up. I'll keep at it.

YellowCircleWeb

Thanks Jason, I will try what you suggested.

YellowCircleWeb

I removed the 2 duplicate versions of the server validations but it still does nothing at all. The page is hidden on my website so if you want to see for yourself you can view it here:

website-builder-order-form.php

it's almost like the submit button isn't a submit button at all, just a button with no behavior attached, but it definitely is a submit button - I have checked the code.

I have noticed it has this onclick code attached though - onclick="clearAllServerErrors('SiteDesignerOrderForm_YellowCircleThemes_YCSiteimportedcolours')", which to me looks like it just gets rid of errors if they were corrected. I didn't add this code in myself, form builder did so I'm assuming it's needed.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the spry code:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var First_Name_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("First_Name_Spry", "none",{validateOn:["blur"]});
var Last_Name_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Last_Name_Spry", "none",{validateOn:["blur"]});
var Email_Address_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Email_Address_Spry", "email",{validateOn:["blur"]});
var Phone_Number_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Phone_Number_Spry", "phone_number", { format:'phone_us' , validateOn:["blur"]});
var Domain_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Domain_Spry", "url",{validateOn:["blur"]});
var Security_Code_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Security_Code_Spry", "none",{validateOn:["blur"]});
var Phone_Number_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Phone_Number_Spry", "none",{validateOn:["blur"]});//-->
</script>

there are 2 lines to set the phone number validation, the first one:
var Phone_Number_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Phone_Number_Spry", "phone_number", { format:'phone_us' , validateOn:["blur"]});

is forcing a US phone number format:
(555) 555-5555

the second one:
var Phone_Number_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Phone_Number_Spry", "none",{validateOn:["blur"]});

is just making sure it is not empty.

the second one is passing, so over riding the spry error from the first one.

if you try filling in the form using the example phone number above, it will work.

you should delete one of those spry variable lines.

YellowCircleWeb

Thanks Jason, I got your test email so I know it's working as you stated. I will amend the Spry code later on.

Great support as always

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...