close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

problems,questions and requests with data bridge

Thread began 5/14/2012 5:53 am by jamie424562 | Last modified 5/15/2012 1:09 pm by Oscar (Xavia Digital) | 782 views | 2 replies |

jamie424562

problems,questions and requests with data bridge

Some feedback, questions and issues

problems:
I have currently two issues that I have come across since upgrading to data bridge.

1: I have a file field which just isn't allowing the removal of required!, it is un-ticked but it keeps adding it to the form anyhow, is odd as I didn't have the problem on another page I tested so maybe the fields....

2: security assist is spitting out errors in code, have attached pages.

requests:
I have also just sent some feedback/requests for this new addition, am not really seeing the justification for the high price in upgrade, but what ever I just hope that there actually new additions to this new tool, and also some more features such as the following:

1:ThemeIT - really this is difficult to use and real pain to theme a page, this really needs a rework, simpler interface, gradients and much more.
2: Where are the old icons from data assist gone? these were ideal for professional looking pages on the quick... put them back please! the new ones are really horrid, at least give us the option, this is meant to add more features not remove them.
3: I don't find the validations, where is it this is meant to be for all pages created right, well I haven't found it as an option...... maybe I'm going blind....
4: option to edit fields for each page, global is fine but not good enough, must have the option to edit this per page created.
5: multiple pages, why just one, create two insert/edit or results forms at the same time!!!!!
6: Add security fields to forms created, insert and edit with capture......

questions:
1: where is the form validation in the data bridge page creation?
2: what new features are planned?
3: whats the chance of the above?

thanks for the support/response in advance!

Attached Files
BasicAdmin_loginManage.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Oscar (Xavia Digital)

Re:

I particularly agree with this:

"2: Where are the old icons from data assist gone? these were ideal for professional looking pages on the quick... put them back please! the new ones are really horrid, at least give us the option, this is meant to add more features not remove them."

Regards

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...