close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powerstore side menu issue

Thread began 5/12/2012 11:39 am by rmcadams351257 | Last modified 5/17/2012 1:40 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1248 views | 7 replies |

rmcadams351257

Powerstore side menu issue

First off you guys at webassist are the best and I love your products. Good work!

Here is the issue I'm having. After upgrading to the new Powerstore, I find if a customer uses the side menu to go to a category, the first page of that category is fine.
But if they try to go to the next page, using the Next page link they get the 404 can’t find page. It looks to me that the site name is missing from the link. You can go here to see it in action if you like. www.itstime2shop.com

I'm sure it's an easy fix but how can I fix this?

Thanks again guys
Have a good weekend
Ron

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the webassist/plugins/catalog/results.php file, change the following line:

php:
$currentPage = dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . '/' . $currentPage;

to:

php:
$currentPage = dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . '' . $currentPage;

rmcadams351257

Thank you Jason

Is that line 81 of the results page? Just need to make sure and should I do it to the results_grid page also. I have not used the grid pages yet so I'm not sure if it will have the same thing happen or not.

Thanks again Your the best
Ron

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, line 81. you will only need to make the same change in the results_grid page if you set the store to use the grid layout.

rmcadams351257

Hi: Jason

Thanks again for your help you guys are the best.

Well that kind of worked, it still has the same thing happening. But if you hit the back button from the 404 page and retry it or refresh the page it is fixed. So I thought it was just that my browser was using a cashed page. However it is not a cashed page, clearing the temp files, using four different computers some that have never been to my site and using two different browsers (internet explorer and firefox). No matter what I do when I go back to the site, It still happens. If you use the side menu to go to a category and just mouse over the next link at the top of the page you'll see the address is missing the site name. but if you refresh the page and mouse over it again it is fixed. Go back to the home page and try it again and it is broken again. Give it a try www.itstime2shop.com
Not sure why it's not working, but I'm sure you can figure it out you're one of the best.

If we need to do a ticket thing like last time and remotely connect I'm free friday as I have it off.
Thanks again Jason for all your help in this matter.
Ron
itstime2shop.com
thedvs1.com

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

rmcadams351257

Hi: jason

Something strange
I went to my Account support ticket. But the ticket there is about "Communication Toolkit for Skype" in responce to INNERTEXT
My Ticket should be about Powerstore and the side menu.

Not sure what the "Communication Toolkit for Skype" in responce to INNERTEXT ticket is all about. Also there is a link to the site in the last post. But here it is again www.itstime2shop.com :) The fix you gave me kind of worked, but only after refreshing the page, every time you go to the site. (See last post) I can give you the other info as soon as i'm sure the support ticket is the right ticket.

Thanks
Ron

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the support ticket you refer to is the correct one, it just got started with the wrong product selected, respond with the requested information and i will look into the issue directly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...