close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problems editing existing form

Thread began 5/11/2012 12:56 pm by evansg7124312885 | Last modified 5/11/2012 1:31 pm by Jason Byrnes | 928 views | 4 replies |

evansg7124312885

Problems editing existing form

I have been having trouble with editing existing forms. I have only ran Forms once since upgrading to DataBridge 1.0.2 last night, and today I have seen no signs of lock up or crashing of Dreamweaver and all appears to run normally until I get to the end and return to Dreamweaver.

The problem in this example is that I all of my validation text entries disappear and my spry tips lose there formatting and appear black instead of red. 2 of the image attachments are my design view before and after editing. The third is a screen shot of the error message that comes up referring me to what I think is the confirm password area. I have seen this problem before and been able to correct with 2 undos.

The zip files are of the same file before and after editing the form design.

I have not tried to edit the form's contents since upgrade, but that has triggered the same errors cited above. I can tell you that prior to this upgrade, creating a form seemed to go just fine, it was subsequent edits that caused problems. Previously I could work around some of this problem by not requiring the Confirm Password validation in the Form tool and then applying in Design View.

I am working with DW 5.5 on Mac OS Lion. My installed extensions are ECart 5.0.4, Design Extender 1.0.6, and DataBridge 1.0.2 installed in that order.

Thanks for the assistance with this,

Attached Files
registration2.php.zip
registration2_AFTER_EDIT.php.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

form builder is a tool for Creating forms and should not be used to edit them. even if the for was originally created with form builder, it should not be used to make edits to the form. especially if you made modifications to the form after creating it. Form builder has no way of knowing what modifications you may have made t retain them.

"editing" the form is basically the same as creating it again from scratch. there are simply to many things you can do to modify a form after it is created for form builder to be able to maintain the changes on editing the form.

Use form builder only for the initial building of the form, not for editing it afterwards.

evansg7124312885

I can do that

Funny you said that, that is what I have been doing with this problem in the past.

If the entire faulty form is selected and deleted, will this also get rid of the validations, show ifs, and all the other stuff that is all over the place in the code or am I better off to start with a whole new file?

evansg7124312885

Also, I have built up quite a collection of old templates because every time I thought I ahd a winner of a design ,I would save preset. where do I go to get rid of the excess?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, delting the form wont get rid of all of the code.

you would need to delete the rest of the code manually.

open the preset manager to mange your presets. you can select a preset and then delete it there.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...