close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Help with Ecart and UE

Thread began 5/10/2012 4:57 pm by danny405167 | Last modified 5/14/2012 1:12 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1192 views | 3 replies |

danny405167

Help with Ecart and UE

Your extensions are great but the only issue that I have is that there are no publications or video tutorials(with the exception of Security Assist 1) on how to use them. When ever I am stuck, like I am with Ecart, I have to spend time looking for solutions. It is time consuming and frustrating when trying to use a not so user friendly as Ecart. I tried not to post thread for something that has been asked before but sometimes, like today, I have no choice.

A video tutorial like Security Assist 1 should be made for Ecart. That video tutorial is wonderful because it walks users step by on how to set up a secure website. Something like that should be made for Ecart. It should show users what to expected when selecting between Standard and Pro.

Also it should address reasons why Paypal Standard does not include an email confirmation in the Wizard. Which brings me to my first question.

Is it possible to create my own email notification to send to the user that the order has been submitted? And if so, do I add UE to the pp_checkout_success.php?

Second question.
If cannot use UE, can I do it through an IPN page? If so, can you please direct me to a forum link on how to this process. Does the IPN page compiles after or before the pp_checkout_success.php? Or do I have to copy and paste the sample code that Paypal offers to the pp_checkout_success.php?

Your expertise will be great fully appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the biggest difference between PayPal Standard and PayPal Pro is that PayPal Pro is a real time payment processor.

PayPal Standard on the other hand is not. it is this simple fundamental difference that is the cause of the wizard not having the option of using Universal Email for payment receipts.

When using paypal standard, you need to configure an IPN Page, if you like you can set up the IPN page to send an email.

in your question, you make reference to the pp_checkout_success.php page. This page is not used by paypal standard. it is used by paypal express checkout.

rather than using paypal standard, I would suggest using express checkout which is another free service offered by paypal, but has the advantage of being a real time processor.

you can configure express checkout through the checkout wizard by selecting to use payments pro, and after the pages are created remove the credit card form from the checkout page.

danny405167

Thank you for clarifying it for me!

I tried to use Paypal Pro but I got stuck when it asked the following:
Merchant account password with Paypal
Merchant account signature with Paypal

I logged into my Paypal account and the only thing I found was Merchant account ID. I called Paypal and they said that I needed to pay a monthly fee. That is the reason why I chose Paypal Standard; no monthly fees.

Setting up the IPN page for Paypal Standard
1) Copy the following code obtained from Paypal and paste it into a new page and call it live_ipn_mail.php or anything you want

<?php error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE); $email = $_GET['ipn_email']; $header = ""; $emailtext = ""; // Read the post from PayPal and add 'cmd' $req = 'cmd=_notify-validate'; if(function_exists('get_magic_quotes_gpc')) { $get_magic_quotes_exists = true; } foreach ($_POST as $key => $value) // Handle escape characters, which depends on setting of magic quotes { if($get_magic_quotes_exists == true && get_magic_quotes_gpc() == 1){ $value = urlencode(stripslashes($value)); } else { $value = urlencode($value); } $req .= "&$key=$value"; } // Post back to PayPal to validate $header .= "POST /cgi-bin/webscr HTTP/1.0\r\n"; $header .= "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n"; $header .= "Content-Length: " . strlen($req) . "\r\n\r\n"; $fp = fsockopen ('ssl://www.paypal.com', 443, $errno, $errstr, 30);

// Process validation from PayPal // TODO: This sample does not test the HTTP response code. All // HTTP response codes must be handled or you should use an HTTP // library, such as cUrl
if (!$fp) { // HTTP ERROR } else { // NO HTTP ERROR fputs ($fp, $header . $req); while (!feof($fp)) { $res = fgets ($fp, 1024); if (strcmp ($res, "VERIFIED") == 0) { // TODO: // Check the payment_status is Completed // Check that txn_id has not been previously processed // Check that receiver_email is your Primary PayPal email // Check that payment_amount/payment_currency are correct // Process payment // If 'VERIFIED', send an email of IPN variables and values to the // specified email address foreach ($_POST as $key => $value){ $emailtext .= $key . " = " .$value ."\n\n"; } mail($email, "Live-VERIFIED IPN", $emailtext . "\n\n" . $req); } else if (strcmp ($res, "INVALID") == 0) { // If 'INVALID', send an email. TODO: Log for manual investigation. foreach ($_POST as $key => $value){ $emailtext .= $key . " = " .$value ."\n\n"; } mail($email, "Live-INVALID IPN", $emailtext . "\n\n" . $req); } } } fclose ($fp); ?>

I paste it above the <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

2) Log in to Paypal and click on Profile, My selling tools, and Instant payment notifications. Click on Choose IP settings button.

3) Choose Receive IPN messages (Enabled) and enter Notification URL

"http://www.WEBSITE NAME.com/live_ipn_mail.php"

Are these the correct steps in setting up and IPN page?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when you sign up to use the express checkout servioce, you will be given aMerchant account password with Paypal and Merchant account signature with Paypal to use setting up express checkout. If you need details on signing for api credentials, contact paypal suport

the sample code you have from paypal wont do anything with the IPN post.

to set up an IP page, go to the bindings panel, click the plus and select eCart -> Checkout -> Checkout form response. From the gateway list select Paypal, IPN

you can then add behaviors for updating records or sending an email receipt to the IPN page and use the IPN Bindings to get info from the IPN post.

I strongly recommend using paypal express checkout over paypal standard, it is much easier to implement.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...