close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Ue 4.0.1

Thread began 5/10/2012 1:55 pm by phill401410 | Last modified 5/25/2012 11:33 am by Jason Byrnes | 2960 views | 9 replies |

phill401410

Ue 4.0.1

Cannot get IBCRF-MoreInformation.php to load at this address: IBCRF-MoreInformation.php
Get error message: Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /data/9/2/77/103/2729755/user/2999754/htdocs/Connections/ibcrf.php on line 25
Fatal error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /data/9/2/77/103/2729755/user/2999754/htdocs/Connections/ibcrf.php on line 25

Thanks for taking a look

Attached Files
UE-9MAY12.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this means the host name used for the mysql server in the connection file is not correct:

you will need to update the mysql server name in the Connections/ibcrf.php file.

go to your websites control panel and launch PHPMyAdmin to connect to your MySQL Database.

neer the top of the PHPMyAdmin window, it should show the host address to use.

phill401410

UE 4.0.1 today's issue

I have several issues today but help me with one at a time. This file, IBCRF-ThankYou.html , is throwing this error:
array(1) {
["captcha_Security_Code_1"]=>
string(5) "hbhN9"
}
I had another file like this that sent an email, today I rebuilt and it broke. I rebuilt WA Server Validations, Validations Show If and Universal Email several times. When I enter the security code correctly or not or leave it blank the file appears to send and goes to the Thank You page. Can you see anything in error?

Attached Files
UE-10MAY12.zip

phill401410

sent thank you link, this is the correct link: IBCRF-MoreInformation.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the like entry validation for captcha, you have used the captcha_Security_Code_1 session variable for both the server variable and the comparison.

for the server variable, select the Security_Code_1 form element, and set the comparison variable to the captcha_Security_Code_1 session variable.

phill401410

UE 4.0.1 today's issue resolved

Jason
Bingo. Onward to inserting records and connections file settings.
Thanks

phill401410

Form breaks when adding Insert Record

This file, IBCRF-InformationRequest.php , connects and sends an email. It has Server Behaviors; WA Server Behaviors, Universal Email, Dynamic Text Fields, Validation Show If.

When I add Insert Record (see IBCRF-InformationRequest2.php) it gives the dreaded warning:
mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /data/9/2/77/103/2729755/user/2999754/htdocs/Connections/ibcrf.php on line 25
Fatal error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /data/9/2/77/103/2729755/user/2999754/htdocs/Connections/ibcrf.php on line 25.

The Connections file, icbrf.php , tests "Connection was made successfully" in the Dynamic MySQL Connection. I have been very careful to set this file up the same way as other sites I developed that connect and send info to the databases. Attached are screen shots of the MySQL remote database Control Panel and PHP Admin that I get Connection settings from.

Both files throw the error on the local testing server:
array(1) {
string(5) "znkPx"
}

On IBCRF-InformationRequest2.php I have tried the following additional lines of code in the Server Validations:
$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateLE(strtolower($_SESSION['captcha_Security_Code_1']) . "",((isset($_POST["Security_Code_1"]))?strtolower($_POST["Security_Code_1"]):"") . "",true,1);
$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateLE($_SESSION['captcha_Security_Code_1'] . "",((isset($_POST["Security_Code_1"]))?$_POST["Security_Code_1"]:"") . "",true,1);

Thank you for taking a look and giving me a direction to go in.

Attached Files
UE-24MAY12.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the screen shot of PHP MyAdmin sows that "localhost" is the correct host name to use in the database connection. see attached screen shot.

delete the following code to remove the arrray output:
array(1) {
string(5) "znkPx"
}

php:
<pre><?php var_dump($_SESSION); ?></pre>

only the first line:

php:
$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateLE(strtolower($_SESSION['captcha_Security_Code_1']) . "",((isset($_POST["Security_Code_1"]))?strtolower($_POST["Security_Code_1"]):"") . "",true,1);

is needed, the second one will cause captcha to be case sensitive:

php:
$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateLE($_SESSION['captcha_Security_Code_1'] . "",((isset($_POST["Security_Code_1"]))?$_POST["Security_Code_1"]:"") . "",true,1);

phill401410

DB connection

You people have the patience of Job! In my forty years of dealing with vendors and suppliers in the graphics arts world you guys (Jason, Ray, et al) really know what the word service means.

OK, searching through the forum it seems I am not the only one struggling with remote/local database connections. Jason, you said I should use "localhost" in the connections file, ibcrf.php , which I did to no avail. I have also tried a number of combinations including setting up a new database. See the attached NetSol-MySQL-DB-PTD-IBCRF.jpg and Connections PTD ICBRF.txt files.

The more-info form on my site, ContactMe3.php , connects remotely using $hostname_WAptd = "mysqlv105" that I got from the NetSol admin. So if I set up IBCRF-InformationRequest2.php using the corresponding NetSol Server Name (WA hostname), "mysqlv111", you would think it should work. Same machine, same hosting company, same as much as I can. Is the disconnect outside Dreamweaver and WebAssist in, say, MySQL, Network Solutions, or phpMyAdmin? Or have I not hit on the right combination in the connections file? Thanks.

Attached Files
UE-25MAY12.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...