close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error concerning encryption includes

Thread began 5/10/2012 5:01 am by Christopher West | Last modified 5/14/2012 12:24 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1690 views | 5 replies |

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Error concerning encryption includes

Hey there I decided to test out DataBridge, Design Extender (both latest updates) - together with latest eCart.

I have an existing websites which is almost completed - but wanted to try out implimenting the latest plugins - so what I did was deleted the previous webassist folders from my projects folder (except eCart) - I then went through each page double clicking on the server behaviours and hitting OK so that it refreshes my projects folder with the latest build of webassist includes.

so all ok so far except for the following error (displayed as a file attachment to this post) - So I cannot seem to recreate the encyption includes for my project - the only work around would be to copy/paste the include file from my backup folder.

So Just wondered how come the encryption files arnt recreated? with the rest of my project I know that I have to redo the email includes from scratch since this is more custom coding related to the specific page but thats understandable.

also I did come accross a few other errors while redoing my projects folder with latest webassit includes build - but just to to reconfirm what they were :) but they were just minor javascripting ones i believe :)

any thoughts?

Chris

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have logged this as a bug in our system it will be corrected in the update to be released, in the mean time here is an updated copy of the Configuration/ServerFormats/PHPMySQL/SecurityAssist folder that should fgix the problem.

See the common installation issues PDF for details on locating the configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

Attached Files
SecurityAssist.zip

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Bless you Jason thank you. I'm very much liking DataBridge and Design Extender - you all have every right to be proud of your products :)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Glad you are liking it,

evansg7124312885

I think I am having same problem, can not encrypt

UPDATE: Copied files from above post, deleted cache, restarted DW, and all files let me change formats, problem appears resolved with that.

Talk to you later,

When in the Insert Record wizard of Registration page, when I try to format password field for encryption, I get an error message for any encryption option selected. I have attached the screen shots of error message. I have not tried this on update pages yet. I have tried to change password format in authenticate user wizard and get the same messages.

The format stays at none and the password value is being stored in plain text.

I am using DW5.5, Mac OS Lion, and DataBridge 1.0.2.

This is my first build in DataBridge, these functions worked as expected in the latest version of Security Assist.

Talk to you later,

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We will be releasing an update in the next couple of days to address this issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...