close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Thank you and new issues.

Thread began 5/09/2012 5:27 am by Andrew Read | Last modified 5/14/2012 10:18 am by Jason Byrnes | 3189 views | 20 replies |

Andrew Read

Thank you and new issues.

Firstly, I would like to say thank you for working so hard and so quickly to release a new version and fix a large number of bugs. Thank you for that.

I also have a new bug to report. ;)

-Table write failure Security Assist Wizzard

See attached image - security assist was unable to write the SQL users table for some reason. It was able to do this yesterday with the same site. I deleted all of the old files that were uploaded to the testing server and removed the old table before trying the Wizzard again.

I have tried this twice now.

Sign in to reply to this post

Andrew Read

Oops forgot:

May I also suggest editing the known issues stickies by moving any of the issues that have been fixed to the bottom of the list with the revision # that fixed them and maybe also grey them out so that we can all keep track of what known issues have been fixed and which are still to be fixed and then the new ones can go in there too?

This would be VERY helpful to your users, so that we know what we are going to run into.

Thank you.

Andrew Read

Spry.ValidationConfirm ERR

Here is another one that pops up on the forgot password page.

-Spry.ValidationConfirm ERR: The element Reset_Password_group_Confirm_Spry doesn't exists!

See image attached for error.This happens when I browse to the newly created reset password page. Passwords are encrypted.

dvan_zelst

Here some issues that still exist but were posted by me before:

DataAssist: Managing Detail page - add delete button still has no effect!
DataAssist: Design Preset "Sharp" still does not show the icons correct in IE9 (see picture)

FormBuilder: In the Edit Design window the preview screen does not open the browser for previewing

PresetManager: When trying to import CSS Sculptor Preset, it does not show up in the list, no error messages

dvan_zelst

Regarding the sticky list, i think it would be good to have solid lists that are complete and up to date regarding the three extensions available now.
It would be nice to have something like this:

DesignExtender:
-> Bug list
---> In progress
---> Fixed (revision#)

-> wish List
---> considered
---> accepted (next revision)

DataBridge:
-> Bug list
---> In progress
---> Fixed (revision#)

-> wish List
---> considered

E-Cart:
-> Bug list
---> In progress
---> Fixed (revision#)

-> wish List
---> considered

Then have some moderator keep track off all the posts bugs/wishes and update the lists. Then everyone can check what is posted and if it is already fixed (like Andrew mentioned) for the wish list you can mark the wishes you as support team think can and will be added in the (near) future.

Nothing works better for everyone if things are organised!
Above is just a structual example but you get the idea ;-)

Andrew Read

Yes, all of those are great ideas, and I personally love the idea of having complete clairity as to where these extensions stand bug and future feature wise. I think that is what the Announcements section of this website should be used for, so that there is ONE place for your users to have to go and find these know issues.

That said, how do I get my forgot password page working WA? :)

dvan_zelst

Next issue.

ValidationTooltipsSpry:
If adding these tooltips to formpages created by SecurityAssist then the tooltips don't show where they should and crippled. (See picture)

If added to forms created with FormBuilder it looks normal.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

@Andrew, a new build will be released today that will correct create tables issue.

For the Forgot password page, the problem is a missing if statement. I have started an incident so we can look into why the if statement is not being added, if you send a copy of the page, though, I can give a manual workaround for the time being.

@dvan_zelst, i have also started an incident for you so we can look into all of the issues you are reporting here and in your other thread.

dvan_zelst

Hi Jason,

Thanks! First i will test your new release tonight and check which issues are still active after installing this new release.

I assume you were not able to re-produce the issues i posted above and in the other post, except for the Icons in IE9?
We can have a look at it together, i posted in my support ticket.

dvan_zelst

Ok Jason,

I installed the new releases and tested again. From my recent list check below update:

1. DataAssist: Managing Detail page - add delete button still has no effect! => This happens only in the preview window on the detail page edit window. After accepting, the change will take effect in the previous screen.

2. DataAssist: Design Preset "Sharp" still does not show the icons correct in IE9 (see picture) => This seems to be working correct now in IE9, good job!

3. FormBuilder: In the Edit Design window the preview screen does not open the browser for previewing => This issue is still active and i hope you can fix it soon!!

4. PresetManager: When trying to import CSS Sculptor Preset, it does not show up in the list, no error messages => Still active, after import it does not show in the list.

5. ValidationTooltipsSpry: If adding these tooltips to formpages created by SecurityAssist then the tooltips don't show where they should and crippled. => This happens only if i apply my custom formbuilder design preset and only the one that is set as a 2 column form layout! It does however work when applied to the form created with FormBuilder and the same 2 column design preset. Maybe it happens because SecurityAssist form uses 1 column but the design is based on 2 columns?

6. DataAssist: When going to Update Design Preset from within DataAssist wizard and then choose Theme-It to change colors or pictures. When changing pictures there are some small links above to edit the image in Fireworks or Photoshop and a refresh image icon. When editing the image through this link will launch the app (fireworks etc.) but then saving and closing from there does not automaticcaly update the image in theme-it and when refreshing the image with the refresh image link will open some message window. See pictures.

Maybe after reading above you can reproduce all issues still active. The formbuilder preset is in another support ticket which i have send to Ray before, the third theme from that preset is a 2 column layout and gives the issue mentioned above.

Thanks.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...