close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Powerstore and Paypal Issues

Thread began 5/08/2012 5:49 pm by kristina429176 | Last modified 5/10/2012 1:47 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1058 views | 3 replies |

kristina429176

Powerstore and Paypal Issues

I have set up a previous store with a payment gateway using credit cards and authorize.net. I am now trying to get a new estore working with paypal and my store keeps looking for an SSL or secure site to process after I click the checkout button. I have confirmed with paypal and they can see the process and can get it to go through, and I have spoken to my hosting technical site and they have said it is a problem in one of the customization scripts that is causing the issue. I really would like to get this site up and working for my customer. The program should not be looking for a secure site since it is going to either PayPal Standard or Express. If you can tell me which script needs to be edited that would be nice. If you would like to test out the site here is the addres since it is behind the scenes at the moment (index.php). The website has another cart in place and once this one is correct it will be replacing that cart. For testing purposes use the contribution product and then select the SKAB Donation and use $1.00. THis is my tesing item for the cart.
It has been very frustrating when this is suppose to be up and running with little (major work). I had several issues witht the first cart, but they did get resolved. This customer is very ansy because I need to get tickets up to sell and the cart is stuck. Please help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

since you are using paypal standard, SSL is not nesacarry

edit the webassist/plugins/shopping_cart/checkout_form.php page and change:

php:
if (empty($_SERVER['HTTPS']) || $_SERVER['HTTPS']=="off") {

if (!isset($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
  $testRedirect = "https://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
  $c = curl_init();
  curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_URL, $testRedirect);
  curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 90);
  curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 1);
  curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 1);
  $result = curl_exec($c);
  if ($result)  {
      header("location: ".$testRedirect);
      die();
  }
}

to:

php:
/*if (empty($_SERVER['HTTPS']) || $_SERVER['HTTPS']=="off") {

if (!isset($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
  $testRedirect = "https://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
  $c = curl_init();
  curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_URL, $testRedirect);
  curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 90);
  curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 1);
  curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 1);
  $result = curl_exec($c);
  if ($result)  {
      header("location: ".$testRedirect);
      die();
  }
}*/

kristina429176

Now Paypal Express instead of pyapal standard - probelms

Jason, that worked. Except I worked with one of your techniciams today and he reccomended I go to PayPal Express instead. I changed it to paypal express and now the paypal button when selected keeps going back to the same cart page. I have all the correct API codes in and I turned off the IPN for the paypal standard on my paypal account and now it does not go anywhere. ANy ideas how to fix quickly?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the webassisxt/plugins/shopping_cart/pp_expessform.php file, change:

php:
if (isset($_POST['PayPal_ExpressCheckout_button']))  {

to:

php:
if (isset($_GET['ExpressCheckout']) || ($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") && (isset($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]) && strpos(urldecode($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]), urldecode($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"])) > 0) && isset($_POST))  {

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...