close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Please help me

Thread began 5/04/2012 3:29 pm by frnkjmz438791 | Last modified 5/07/2012 1:24 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1905 views | 3 replies |

frnkjmz438791

Please help me

I've been working for a couple weeks trying to get PayPal integrated with my site. I have spent plenty of money on an upgraded paypal account level, a new SSL cert, and of course the monthly fee. Every time I try and use Dreamhost's support it takes almost two days to get a response. Usually the email response I get is very short. After waiting two days for a response and the reply I get is, "Maybe ask PayPal?" I about lost it.

Why isn't there more documentation about connecting PayPal? It's three of the five options you give to us. Would an info graphic be too much to ask for? Anyway. I do tech support for a living, so I understand the process. All I know is I would have been in all sorts of trouble if I treated the support cases like they have. Why does DreamHost support this and not the engineers? It doesn't seem like they care.

On to the problem. www.ewejean.com

I had the basic PayPal connection. After adding to my cart and trying to checkout it would just hang on the page taking me to the paypal landing page. So, I upgraded to the more expensive paypal option and now it just says User Authentication failed and won't even go to that landing page. I bought the SSL so I could stay on my website during the transaction.

Please help me in anyway you can. Explanation of what goes where on the PayPal screen would be a great start. Tell me what my merchant ID looks like and where I can find it. Is it just the email I signed up with to paypal?

I have a million questions and the live chat function does not work. It would be awesome if I could actually sell something on my ecommerce site.

Please!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

For PayPal Pro, you only need to enter the API User Name, API Password and API Signature.

the Merchant ID setting you are referring to is only needed if you select the Option Enable 3D Secure, this is a completely different service not provided by paypal. dont enable that option or enter anything in the 3d secure section unless you have an account with them

in our learning resources section, we have a tutorial for "Signing up with the PayPal payment gateway":
tutorials.php

I am going to start a private support incident so that we can look into the issues you are having on going to paypal.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

frnkjmz438791

Please Help

I wasn't talking about the API connections. I was just trying to set up the backend of Cafecommerce. I've added a picture. Do I need to integrate the API if using PayPal advanced?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The PayPal Payments Advanced option uses the Paypal Payflow Flow Pro access.

when yo sing up for a Payflow pro account, the generate a Username, Partner, Vender and Password.

These should be used for the Partner, User, Merchant Login and Password settings.

Payments Advanced replaces the older systems in place, if you call paypal at this number you will be able to sign up for a paypal advanced account which is only $5 a month:
866 784-3640

more details about paypal payments advanced can be found here:
payments_advanced

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...