close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

error mess:WA_localURLToFilePathnotfound not defined

Thread began 5/02/2012 10:48 am by richard438282 | Last modified 5/29/2013 6:53 am by Jason Byrnes | 2761 views | 16 replies |

richard438282

error mess:WA_localURLToFilePathnotfound not defined

have yet to use these extensions. deleted the WinCache file.
happens in:

menu writer
sculptor
site sculptor

thanks,

richard

also whenever i have to log into my account, the password does not work so i have to reset it using the email link. every time. annoying. also why do i have to type in my information into the user box each time? why cant it remember the name? very old fashioned.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

we looked at this in a connect session, the issue was caused by conflicting extensions. we started with a fresh configuration folder and installed:

eCart 5.0.4
DesignExtender 1.0.4
Data Bridge 1

and resolved the issue.

Andrew Read

I have the same error message. I have those exact extensions installed.

I am LOATHE to install all of these extensions yet again, in fact that is the reason I even threw in the $150 smackeroos to upgrade to Data Bridge... I can't stand all of the uninstalls and conflicts.

Once again I am trying to save some coding time with WA extensions, and once again I am having trouble getting them to work.... thus investing time in WA extensions that could otherwise be used to hand code the menu I am trying to build. :(

Please advise.

It should be noted that I AM running the listed versions of all of these products. I deleted eCart 5.0.3 and installed 5.0.4 once it was deleted.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

what other extensions do you have installed?

Please provide a listing of extensions that are installed including version numbers.

Andrew Read

eCart 5.0.4
DesignExtender 1.0.4
Data Bridge 1

Andrew Read

I just removed all of these extensions (again) and reinstalled in the listed order.

I can now open the menu writer.

Why is it that every time a new extension is released all of the old extensions need to be deleted??? A very frustrating time waster.

I simply deleted eCart 5.0.3 and installed 5.0.4 and then I had this issue. Should I not have been able to simply delete 5.0.3 and then install 5.0.4 without affecting these other extensions?????

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

hmmmm, OK, what are the steps you are taking to produce the error?

I would like to try to reproduce the problem, from there i can try to troubleshoot the cause.

Andrew Read

see above. then simply click the css menu writer icon.

Now I am in css menu writer and unfortunately none of the units are populating. The dropdown lists are all blank.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

eCart cannot be the last extension installed.

when you uninstall eCart 5.0.3, you will need to also uninstall either Design Extender or Data Bridge, doesn't matter which one, then reinstall eCart 5.0.4, followed by whichever of the consolidation projects you removed.

I have logged a bug in regards to the Units Select lists, we will be releasing updates to both Design Extender and Data bridge to correct these issues that are surfacing.

Andrew Read

I was under the understanding that the point of releasing eCart 5.0.4 was to make it compatible with these new extension groupings? Would it not stand to reason that you should then be able to install it in any order, in fact I am sure that I read that this would be the case in another thread?

It simply takes too darned long to uninstall and reinstall these extensions each and every time a new product comes out. :(

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...