close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PHP Fatal Error: undefined function curl_init()

Thread began 5/01/2012 4:01 pm by ickyart431490 | Last modified 5/07/2012 9:41 am by Jason Byrnes | 11048 views | 14 replies |

ickyart431490

PHP Fatal Error: undefined function curl_init()

Hello, I'm using ecart 5 (testing on a remote server) I think I have 2 issues going on or are they connected(?); I enter the checkout info and proceed to the confirm page where I see what I am ordering but the billing and the shipping info is blank. Then when I submit the order I get this: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\sites\closeouts.fmfracing.com\WA_eCart\Adv_CO_Scripts\PP_PayPro_PHP.php on line 138. I had them "uncommenting the curl extension" with no luck. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time, icky

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The billing and shipping info should be stored in session variables when posted to the confirm page, it could be another error regarding sessions causing the problem. to troubleshoot, I will need you to add some code to the confirm page:

at line 1:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

and just before the closing body tag:

php:
<?php

@session_start();
echo(
"POST:<pre>");
var_dump($_POST);
echo(
"</pre>");
echo(
"SESSION:<pre>");
var_dump($_SESSION);
echo(
"</pre>");
?>

this will write the session contents and form content to the page to help us troubleshoot what is going wrong.

the error:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init()

is a server issue, if uncommenting the curl extension in the php.ini file did not correct the problem, then the curl extension must not be installed on the server. ultimately, the host will nee to fix this problem, though

ickyart431490

Re: PHP Fatal Error

Thank you Jason,

Mitch

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome, did you find the cause of the problem? is all set now?

ickyart431490

Hi Jason, this is the message I got(attached) but being a newbie it is a bit of a mystery to me? Is it the failure of the email relay that is causing the problems? Mitch

Attached Files
error_message.doc.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

part of the message is saying that the SMTP server cannot relay the email. The rest is showing that the sessions are being set properly.

in the server behaviors list, double click the universal Email server behavior and change the trigger to Current Page Submit so that the email is not trying to send when the confirm page is loaded, see if that corrects the problem with the billing info showing, also try adding the following code at line 1:

php:
<?php @session_start(); ?>

you will need to correct the problem with the smtp server relay permissions.

ickyart431490

OK, everything seems to be showing up except for the email problem which I will address with them. Looking at the message does everything seem to be in place? Thanks, Mitch

Attached Files
error_message2.doc.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

everything else looks fine, it;s just an issue with the SMTP server. It may be that the SMTP Server requires authentication, or any number of other issues, your host will be able to give you more information on why the SMTP server is not able to relay the email.

ickyart431490

Hopefully I'll have some luck on my side! Thanks again Jason!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...