close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Going to home page when adding a certain product

Thread began 5/01/2012 9:16 am by bryan107833 | Last modified 5/02/2012 5:54 am by bryan107833 | 1608 views | 5 replies |

bryan107833

Going to home page when adding a certain product

I am having a problem when I add a specific product (a gift certificate with some coding on the page) being redirected only in Internet Explorer to the home page and leaving the cart empty when a customer hits the "add to cart" button. It works correctly in all other browser that I have tried - Chrome, Firefox, Safari... Any ideas? Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the page in a zip archive and a link where i can see the problem to investigate.

bryan107833

I found this on a previous issue and think it may be connected.
-----

Posted By: ray@webassist.com (Ray Borduin) Message 10 in Log
Date: 03/29/2012 09:45 pm No Attachments
Title: RE: Will not accept captcha code

The issue on this site was that you had a php.ini file in the directory with the contact.php page that changed the way session variables were stored and that php.ini file was not in the WA_ValidationToolkit directory so they weren't sharing the same session data.

I copied the php.ini file into the WA_ValidationToolkit directory and that seems to have resolved this issue.
----

I have include the file (page) that is causing the issue with Internet Explorer and a page that is working fine. To recreate go to gift_certificates.php. Thank you.

Attached Files
to_webassist_050112.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

quite a bit of hand coding going on in the gift certificate page that I think is contributing to the problem.

one issue i see is that the Add to Cart function on that page that is working reference the $ATC_itemdiscountable column, but on the gift certificate page, that column is not included in the functions, this will cause an error to occur and i think this is the root of the issue.

compare the add to cart functions on the 2 pages you sent and you will see the differences.

bryan107833

I added the "discountable" column and it did not make a difference. Again, still working fine in all browsers besides Internet Explorer. Other thoughts? Thank you. I attached the revised page with the added column.

Attached Files
gift_certificates_discountable.zip

bryan107833

I have found the problem and fixed it....

Here's the offending code:

<td width="482" align="center"> <form action="<?php echo $_SERVER[" php_self"]; ?> <?php echo (isset($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]) && $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"] !=

Once changed to:

<td width="482" align="center"> <form action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; ?> <?php echo (isset($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]) && $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"] !=

it works fine.

Thank you for your help.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...