close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Linking ps3 categories using menu writer

Thread began 4/30/2012 11:48 am by Jay Core Global Media | Last modified 5/01/2012 3:49 pm by Jay Core Global Media | 1996 views | 6 replies |

Jay Core Global Media

Linking ps3 categories using menu writer

I have a store built for a client using PS3, I would like to create a horizontal navigation menu with links to the following categories that are already setup in the admin area of PS3. women, mens, kids, plus sizes, clearance. I would like this similar to the accordian menu on the left side of PS3, showing the sub categories and links to products..

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not sure I understand. Power Store 3 already has a horizontal menu to it, in the Products menu, it already includes the categories with links to the results page.

what you are describing is already a part of Power Store 3.

see the attached screen shot.

Jay Core Global Media

New menu

I have created a new menu using css menu writer here is the link www.wearcrave.com, my menu looks as follow womens, mens, kids, jewelery, shoes, handbags, clearance, sales. I also have sub categories i would like to place under theses links. I now want to link my products to these categories and sub categories

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is not a supported modification of Power Store. If you need assistance modifying power store in this way, i would suggest signing up for a premiere support appointment.

Jay Core Global Media

powerstore is advertised to work with all web assist extension. Laura Savelli
WebAssist Sales Representative
"All of our products can be used in conjunction with one another. You can use any of our Extensions to increase the functionality of your PowerStore site, including CSS Menu Writer. Some of the other Extensions that our customers use with PowerStore include SecurityAssist, eCart, and DataAssist. It would definitely be in your best interest to consider enrolling in the Extension Library Membership Program, as it would simplify the modification process. The majority of our PowerStore customers have taken advantage of the fact that our Extensions can help to customize their online store. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact me directly at 800.886.0130 extension 136." I just want to make links to my categories in my store?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

power store is a prebuilt application, we do not support making modifications to it.

especially since the modification you are trying to make is functionality that already exists in the power store products menu.you should look at the existing menu for an example of now it is accomplished.

also, on the CSS Menu Writer support page, there is a tutorial for creating dynamic menus that will help.

if you require further help making it work, you should sign up for a premiere support appointment.

Jay Core Global Media

ok I will work on it thank you

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...