close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding Content Areas to CMS

Thread began 4/30/2012 1:48 am by Andrew Dodd - ADDIGITAL | Last modified 4/30/2012 1:47 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2616 views | 8 replies |

Andrew Dodd - ADDIGITAL

Adding Content Areas to CMS

I'm trying to add a content area to PowerCMS from an existing page (which is based on a template) but when I complete the dialog box, (from WebAssist > CMS > Add Content to PowerCMS), the extension complains that it can't write using the existing connection.

The connection works perfectly for all other operations and the MySQL user has all privileges.

Is it because the page is based on a template and the extension can't add the code to the page it needs to?

HELP!

TIA
Andrew

Sign in to reply to this post

Andrew Dodd - ADDIGITAL

Have just detached page from template with the same result, so it's not that! :(

Also added another connection with a different database and that hasn't worked either

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in your Dreamweaver site settings, how is the connection to the testing server defined?

the most common cause of this error is the testing server settings.

In the testing server settings, are you connecting to a local testing server or a remote server through FTP?

make sure that the Web URL and Root Directory settings are set properly.

The web URL should be a full URL to the site on your testing server.

the Root Directory needs to be the path to the directory on the server that matches the Web URL. This settings is especially important if you are connecting to a remote server using FTP. When you log into some FTP Servers, you may be outside of the web root, if this is the case on your server, you need to specify the web root directory.

Andrew Dodd - ADDIGITAL

Hi Jason,

The testing server is the live server, connecting through FTP, the web URL is www.thefeathersshowbar.co.uk and the default directory is public_html, as I can't write to the root.

Seems weird because I also have PowerGallery running on this site with no problems.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

looks like this might be a permissions problem on the _mmServerScripts/ folder.

Power CMS will try to upload a script to this folder to create the CMS tables in your database

it looks like this folder is not allowing read permsions to execute the script.

using File Zilla, try accessing the FTP server to change the permissions of that folder.

Andrew Dodd - ADDIGITAL

Error Logs Attached

Hi Jason,

Have attached the error log from the _mmServerScripts directory and checked permissions - user has full read, write, execute access and everybody else can read and execute - equates to 0755 in Unix.

Proper stumped now!

Attached Files
error_log.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

that error log indicates a problem in the connection file with the database password.

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Andrew Dodd - ADDIGITAL

Thanks Jason! I've tested the connection within the define dialog and it connects perfectly. I can see the tables and everything using the Databases panel.

Andrew

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, i'll have to look into it with your further in a private ticket

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...