close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error trying to install PowerCMS

Thread began 4/17/2012 7:47 pm by lr_leal239405 | Last modified 4/18/2012 11:14 am by Jason Byrnes | 1168 views | 3 replies |

lr_leal239405

Error trying to install PowerCMS

I add my first cms area but it doesn't continue to to the install. When I click on Edit in PowerCMS, I get the error:

Could not find admin on site.
Browse to the page through the CMS admin to edit content.

When I go directly to the directory /install_cms/ from the browser. It starts the install, but after it checks that everything is ok and I proceed, it gives me the following error when trying to get to the database.php file.

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

What you can try:

Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

I deleted the install_cms folder. Is it supposed to recreate it? I had copied that from another site I successfully installed the cms in. I also deleted the WA_CMS folder. The security was changed from using the Webassist security as well but I'm not sure if this comes into play.

thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the page that this error is showing, add the following code at line 1 to turn error reporting on:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

once we know the error we can troubleshoot the cause.

If you delete the Install_cms folder, it will not be recreated.

lr_leal239405

the error is:

Warning: require_once(../webassist/framework/library.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/vhosts/theharbinger-jonathancahn.com/httpdocs/install_cms/database.php on line 6 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../webassist/framework/library.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR') in /srv/www/vhosts/theharbinger-jonathancahn.com/httpdocs/install_cms/database.php on line 6

Is this something caused by me? I simply don't remember where the install_cms came from originally? I believe I copied it to this site from another site in which I had installed it successfully. Should I just copy that folder over to the webassist folder?

UPDATE - I copied missing files step by step and supposedly in went through the installation successfully, but when it got to the page 'complete.php' I got the same error message about not being able to display the page (the page is in the folder though). So I figured maybe it's working anyways. When I add content and then click on Edit in PowerCMS, I'm still getting the error:

Could not find admin on site.
Browse to the page through the CMS admin to edit content.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...