close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

default table generated by wizard

Thread began 4/17/2012 1:04 pm by sam308940 | Last modified 4/17/2012 7:57 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1875 views | 6 replies |

sam308940

default table generated by wizard

The default tables generated by the checkout wizard do not create 2 sets of addresses. I do have the "ill offer shipping" box checked on the wizard, however im not setting up any connections to external shipping (shipping will jsut be based on total cost). When the pages are generated, the order confirmation page does have a billing section and shipping section. HOWEVER the database table generated by tthe process only has 1 set of address fields. and to be even more confusing, the NAME, ADDRESS, and ADDRESS2 fields all have SHIP in the name, but the city state zip does not. SO i end up with this:

OrderShipName
OrderShipAddress
OrderShipAddress2
OrderCity
ORderState
OrderZip
OrderCountry

i also only have 1 field for phon, fax, email.

so what am i doing wrong. this is really weird.

Sign in to reply to this post

sam308940

aslo i realized that its missing other fields.

it did create a field for the total, the shipping, the tax, but it didnt for any credit card fields (type, exp) nor did ir create any fields for CHARGES or at least a CHARGES field that is the sum total of all charges.

am i crazy? i thought this did this all before.

sam

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the fields created by the wizard in the orders table are:

OrderID
OrderAmount
OrderShipName
OrderShipAddress
OrderShipAddress2
OrderCity
OrderState
OrderZip
OrderCountry
OrderPhone
OrderFax
OrderShipping
OrderTax
OrderEmail
OrderDate

if you require additional fields, you will need to edit the table after it is created to add them.

NOTE: you mention fields for storing credit card details, do not store the credit card information in your database.

This is a very bad practice and in almost all cases is illegal.

sam308940

i do not normally store cc info in the database. but my client wants to run the transactions offline because she has a swiper terminal. i really hate doing this and have told her she has to clear out the cc info asap. But i dont know what else to do if she si going to run them offline.

Do you have alternative options? i would love another solution other than emailing her the cc info.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

_Never_ Email Credit card numbers. that's worse than storing them in the database.

if the client wants to run the credit card of line, the only viable _legal_ option is to call the customer and process the order with them on the phone.

sam308940

no i would never email credit card numbers (unless i wanted it to be stolen).

however - im not understanding how you are referring to this as illegal.
i have inherited a few sites that use cart32 for thier cart/checkout.
and it has the option to store orders and credit card info (no payment gateway).
these 2 clients use it this way.
so that cart system was built with the option in it to just store the info.

believe me i dont like this setup, but i dont see how its illegal. especially if she is clearing the credit card info within a few days of the order being placed.

i realize this isnt your job to discuss this, its very off topic.
i need to meet the clients needs but at the same time i dont want to do anything that is illegal.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Look up PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance.

If you are thinking of storing credit card information to your database, regardless of how long it will be saved to the database, the database server and site will need to comply to PCI standards of security.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...