close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

receiving order data from shopping cart

Thread began 4/16/2012 8:57 pm by kenbower434352 | Last modified 4/25/2012 1:45 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1631 views | 5 replies |

kenbower434352

receiving order data from shopping cart

Hi Jason,

Thanks again for all your help last week. You managed to correct a lot of issues.

I'm still in the dark however, as to how to go about retrieving the order data from the shopping cart as well as customer information from the confirm page. My service provided has said there is nothing from there end that needs to be done. I did set up an SSL connection though.

Going through the checkout wizard and applying Universal email is very confusing. It seems to be addressing the sending of confirmation emails to the customer which is what I would want. However, my main focus right know is getting the orders.

I also don't see how you can edit the settings without going through the wizard again which would also replace all the work I did customizing the check out pages.

I tried doing a test by setting up a simple form using Form Builder hoping I could get Univeral email to send me the results but every time I hit "finish" after building the form I get the following error messages:

Error generating: buildFieldGroup
TypeError: ShowIfObj.setParams is not a function

Error generating: buildColumn
TypeError: ShowIfObj.setParams is not a function

Any help would be appreciated,

Ken

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What version of form builder are you using?

I recall these errors from From Builder 2.0.0, they should be fixed in version 2.0.1 which is available for download from the download center, make sure to uninstall the previous version from the extension manager before installing the newer one.

kenbower434352

Thanks

Hi Jason,

Yes, that was the problem. I upgraded to 2.0.1 and that problem is solved.

I have successfully used Universal Email to send confirmation emails. If I want to edit the settings (eg. from address or email body text), how do I change the settings without running the checkout wizard. Doing so will over-write any design changes I have made to the check out pages.

Most importantly, I still don't know how to receive the data for the online orders; such as product ordered, quantities, customer information etc.

If you could walk me through this, I'd appreciated it.

Thanks,

Ken

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in universal email, don't select the option to create a file for the email.

instead, click the DW Edit icon to open a dreamweaver page for designing the email body.

add a cart display manager to the page, and select the email friendly display type to show the cart information.

use the "eCart_checkoutForm_" bindings to add information such as billing and shipping information to the email body, when you save the page, it will be converted to the Universal Email body.

kenbower434352

Hi Jason,

That's great. I can now get the customer order info using this method. I bring up the confirm.php page and go to Webassist > Create email message. However, there are two issues:

1. When I add a cart display manager, I can't get the product image to show up in the shopping cart that is emailed to myself or the customer. The thumbnail shows a "?" even though I have provided a path to the images folder and checked "display as image".

2. After sending a couple of test orders I find that when I use a dynamic value for the email recipient, (<?php echo $_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_email']; ?>), the email gets sent as bulk email where "[Bulk]" gets added to the subject line.

Also, on the checkout page, I'm trying to add a delivery date field using the date picker function. Unfortunately DW doesn't let me add it giving me this message: "Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or a translator. The change will be discarded". The checkout page is theme converted from a dreamweaver template that we did during our skype session.

Thanks,

Ken

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...