close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email log problem

Thread began 4/12/2012 2:14 am by evansg7124312885 | Last modified 4/12/2012 7:36 am by Jason Byrnes | 2364 views | 1 replies |

evansg7124312885

Email log problem

When I try to configure email logging, I can select the success, fail, or both and I can see my database connection. When I click on the table select, nothing happens. I tried using the create table option; it didn't like my SQL settings so I used another one of your posts to create the "email_log" table. Did I miss something in the GSG?

I have twice tried closing DW and deleting cache file; so far it has not changed the problem.

I am using CS5.5 with Mac 10.7.3.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

before you can set up the email logging, you need to have a working connection to the database.

go to the database tab (Window -> Database) to create a connection to a mysql database.

see the "Creating your database connection in Dreamweaver" tutorial on the learning resources page for details:
tutorials.php

alnico431299

My emails are successfully being sent from remote server...but logging is not working.

Running on localhost...I let DataAssist create the "email_log" table.
I then upload my schema to my remote database via import (I currently cannot connect to it remotely)...the "email_log" table is intact.

So, it there something else that is breaking the email from logging?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

did you update the database connection file on the remote server to be able to connect to the remote MySQL server?

alnico431299

Connections file works fine (local and remote)...I am inserting records in other places without issue. But, I am not able to connect to the remote db from my local machine for development (it doesn't allow it). Therefore, I do all my development locally (localhost with local db)...I then import the schema to remote as needed.

So, this means DataAssist can generate the email_log table on local db without issue...I then simply update my schema remotely.

So, testing from remote, the email sends fine...but no insert into email_log table.

Does DataAssist simply create the table in the db and nothing more or does it do something that I am not aware of?

On a related note: is Universal Email capturing a Extended SMTP (ESMTP) standards based error codes? Sometimes email may fail first attempt and may go though a day later...if an email box is over limit, etc.
So, how does the success/failure process work?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

alnico431299

I got the emails to log after rebuilding 2 times before and 2 times after contacting you.

I don't know what was causing the problem, which is aggravating.
The only thing I can think was causing the problem, is the mess of files that are left behind after adding or removing behaviors...were causing conflicts.
Why doesn't webassist clean up after itself ;-) links checker does not 'see' files in variables...even more a reason that webassist should clean up after itself.

So, I won't use the ticket you created from me...thanks though.

However, can you answer this question from my previous post?...

Is Universal Email responding to Extended SMTP (ESMTP) standards based error codes? Sometimes email may fail first attempt and may go though a day later...if an email box is over limit, etc.
So, how does the success/failure process work?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Universal Email only passes the message to the SMTP server. UE records success if the message is passed to the SMTP server.

An SMTP server cannot pass any messages back to a PHP script, about the results of relaying the email to the recipient. PHP Scripts cannot use any ESMTP responses, since the SMTP server cannot pass them to the script.

alnico431299

That's what I was assuming...UE is not a 100% accurate success/fail log.
Thanks for clarifying.

Brent

richard.abitbol263730

Logging problem

I have a prb , The logging does'nt work

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...